Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Public relations agency SnL Communications has signed Vivobarefoot, specialists in barefoot shoes. Founded in 2004 by Terra Plana, Vivobarefoot is headquartered in London and the U.S. distributor is in Santa Monica, Calif. SnL Principal Staci Levine will oversee all publicity for the brand.
- Implus Corporation, an accessories manufacturer, announced that Hamish Ogilvie will join the company as director of outdoor sales for the Implus-EU office. Ogilvie comes to Implus from Grangers, where he was the sales and marketing director. The decision to bring Ogilvie on board coincides with a sales reorganization throughout Europe. Effective August 1, U.K. distribution of Sof Sole, Sneaker Balls and Highgear brands will be handled by Implus-EU. Grangers will oversee the distribution of Yaktrax, Little Hotties and Wintertrax through the fall and winter 2013-2014 season in order to ensure a smooth transition of all brands into Implus-EU next year. Implus is headed by CEO Seth Richards.
- Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) recently hired Rich Harper as trade policy adviser. Harper will promote OIA’s trade and business policy goals, focusing on tariff reform, the U.S. OUTDOOR Act and international trade agreements. Harper will work from OIA’s Washington, D.C. offices, and will play a key role in policy development and analysis, political engagement and grassroots organizing. Harper comes to OIA from the office of Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.), where he was the legislative assistant for trade, foreign policy and defense, advising the senator on all policy and legislative matters.
- Trigger Point Performance, sports therapy specialists, has named Andrew Menter as CEO. This will be his first Outdoor Retailer Summer Market with Trigger Point. For more than six years, Menter has served as a business adviser to Trigger Point’s founder, Cassidy Phillips, and he joined the Trigger Point Performance board of directors in January 2012. The appointment of Menter as CEO will allow Phillips to have a stronger focus on future product development and self-care education and advocacy.
- Patagonia Inc., designer of outdoor, surf and sport-related apparel, equipment, footwear and accessories, announced the newest member of its trail running ambassador team: Jeff Browning. Browning, a self-proclaimed “gear geek,” resides in Bend, Ore. Browning’s recent major accomplishments include a first place finish in the 2013 and 2012 San Diego 100 Mile Endurance Race, a first place finish in the 2012 Wasatch Front 100 Mile Endurance Race and a first place finish in the 2010 Cascade Crest 100 Mile Endurance Race.
- Vibram has promoted PJ Antonik to marketing manager. Antonik is responsible for developing, managing and integrating U.S. marketing strategies for the FiveFingers and soling business and aligning them with Vibram’s global brand vision. Antonik joined the company in early 2011 as a customer service representative and was promoted to public relations and associate within six months. Antonik’s duties will include managing the marketing team and creative agencies.