On the move: New executive sales team at Amer Sports; new CEO at Cocona; and other changes at Columbia, Black Diamond, Isis and more …
Find out who's on the move in the outdoor industry.
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Amer Sports Americas, in Ogden, Utah, announced several promotions, specifically within top-level sales and commercial director positions. The company promoted Nora Stowell to its U.S. vice president of sales in all categories of Salomon, Suunto and Atomic. Stowell also will continue to serve as Suunto North America’s vice president and commercial director until a replacement is hired; she previously served as Salomon USA’s director of apparel and gear. In her new role, she will lead a team of national sales managers including Denny Hochwender (Salomon footwear), Donna Williams (Salomon apparel), David Grayson (Suunto) and Erik Anderson (Salomon and Atomic winter sports equipment). Amer Sports also promoted Jordan Judd to vice president and regional commercial director for Salomon apparel and gear in North America. Judd previously served as Atomic USA’s national sales and marketing director. In conjunction with these changes, current commercial directors for the United States will now take on new North American regional roles to include Canada.
- Columbia Sportswear Co., parent to Columbia, Mountain Hardwear, Montrail and Sorel, appointed Shawn Cox as its new senior vice president of retail. Cox will be responsible for leading the company’s brick-and-mortar retail and e-commerce operations in the United Sates, Europe and Canada. Cox most recently served as the global retail senior vice president and regional vice president with contemporary lifestyle retailer MEXX in Amsterdam, Holland. He also previously served as global chief retail officer for Samsonite and vice president of Tommy Hilfiger’s European retail division.
- Cocona Inc., in Boulder, Colo., named Jeff Bowman as the company’s new CEO. He replaces outgoing CEO Brad Poorman, who is leaving to pursue other opportunities, including selling Cocona products. Bowman most recently served as the chief operating and technical officer of Massif in Ashland, Ore. He previously held senior executive positions at Cascade Designs, Malden Mills (Polartec) and W.L. Gore & Associates.
- Black Diamond Equipment promoted Brian Mecham to vice president of North American wholesale. Most recently, Mecham managed Black Diamond’s top line revenue and its sales force in North America. Before that, he worked as international sales director for climbing brands Pusher, Cordless and S7 and as Western regional sales manager for Patagonia. Bill Sinoff, Black Diamond’s apparel line sales manager, will move into Mecham’s former role as North American director of wholesale. Black Diamond also promoted Chris Grover to global go-to-market director, where he will work closely with Mecham and Sinoff. The company appointed the Bodhi Agency to lead its sales efforts in the Great Lakes and Midwest territories, and Egan & Associates will handle Black Diamond’s apparel line sales in the Pacific Northwest. Black Diamond Equipment’s climb, ski and mountain product lines will continue to be represented in the Pacific Northwest by Alan Adams and Eddie Whittemore.
- Native Eyewear, in Denver, hired Kate Heckman as its new consumer marketing manager. Heckman will focus on business to consumer marketing, customer experience and Native’s Locals Only Project initiative. She previously worked Teva in brand operations and creative production.
- American Rec, in Boulder, Colo., appointed SM Group (Europe) Ltd., headed up by Chris Northmore, to distribute its Kelty and Wenzel brands in the United Kingdom and Ireland.
- Isis, another American Rec. brand in Boulder, Colo., expanded its retailer sales and support services to several more regions in the United States. Felicia Doobrow, with the Doobrow Group, will head sales efforts in the Southeast, including Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida and Tennessee. Fallon Cunningham will manage accounts in the Mid-Atlantic, covering New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware, Washington D.C., Virginia and West Virginia. In the South central region, Sharon Powell will provide sales and service to Texas, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Mississippi. Sarah Vergon with Active Outdoors Group will cover the eastern Midwest states of Michigan, Ohio, Indiana and Kentucky. Adding to an existing New England territory of Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts Rhode Island and Connecticut, DeMarco Sales will now cover Upstate New York. The new reps will report to National Sales Manager Don Maneth.
- Scott Sports USA, in Sun Valley, Idaho, promoted Colleen Gilligan as its new outdoor marketing coordinator. Gilligan will work to increase product and brand awareness, oversee public relations activities and promote the company’s outdoor web and social media programs. Gilligan previously served as Scott’s sales and product coordinator.
- Flojos, in Thousand Oaks, Calif., named Lyneah Lindstrom as its customer service representative. Lindstrom is responsible for providing customer service and showing the line at the numerous trade shows that the company attends, among other customer-related responsibilities. Previously, Lindstrom worked at Toes On The Nose Women’s for five years as an assistant designer and production assistant.
- McNett Tactical, in Bellingham, Wash., named Brian Weiland as its sales representative for the southern U.S. region. Weiland will support dealers in Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee with product training, merchandising, order placement and in-store events. He also will help lead brand awareness and implement key initiatives with mass merchant, dealer and distributor accounts. Weiland previously served as sales representative for a number of tactical and law enforcement brands where he helped develop and maintain relationships with key accounts, conducted educational seminars and helped drive sales and marketing initiatives. He will operate from Auburn Alabama.
- Skora, in Portland, Ore., rounded out its U.S. sales representative team. David Wellman Sales will handle Oregon, Washington and Alaska. Robert Dennis Sales will cover California and Nevada. Andy Graham and Associates will serve Colorado, Utah, Idaho, Montana, New Mexico and Wyoming. Todd Theissen with Upper EMCI Marketing will handle Illinois, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North Dakota, South Dakota, Indiana, Ohio, Michigan and West Virginia. Bob Wohlleber and Kent Ricketts of HWA Sales will cover Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi. Bill Nelson Sales will serve Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, Florida, South Carolina and North Carolina. Ward Wright at MVP sales will cover New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Delaware and Virginia. And Danny Kass, of Kass Enterprises will handle Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the outdoor industry? Let us know at email@example.com.