Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Nau, the Portland, Ore.-based sustainable apparel brand, recently announced the appointment of Carey Mullett as senior women’s designer. In her new role, Carey will work as part of the Nau creative team and oversee product design for the women’s category. As a veteran of the outdoor industry with 20 years of experience in apparel development and design, Mullett will lend her expertise to grow Nau’s female product offering. Most recently, Mullett was the senior apparel designer for technical sportswear at Patagonia. She had been with the company since 2000 and had been a lead designer for a majority of the brand’s product categories including: women’s lifestyle, men’s lifestyle, climbing, yoga, trail running, body and alpine.
- Solio, developer of battery packs, solar chargers and lighting products, recently announced the hire of Jeff Robles and Associates (JRA) for sales representation in the western United States, covering the states of Alaska, Arizona, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, Oregon, Utah, Washington and Wyoming. Located in Rancho Cucamonga, Calif., JRA is a sales agency operating throughout the western United States. The group has extensive experience in the outdoor, hunting, fishing and law enforcement industries, and represents brands including Led Lenser and Leatherman. JRA joins Solio at a time of product expansion for the company. Entering its 10th year in business, Solio has fully redesigned its entire product portfolio in 2012, which includes the Bolt, Classic 2, Clip-Mini, and Xcellerator + Hub.
- Core Concepts, adventure apparel for real people, announced the hire of a new director of sales and regional sales reps in two territories. Core Concepts welcomes Josh Davis to the in-house team as director of wholesale sales. Davis comes on board with 15 years of experience in the outdoor industry, the last seven years of which as sales manager for paddlesports leader NRS. An accomplished whitewater boater and proud father, Josh is also known to frequent the backcountry on his snowboard and cruise the half pipe on his skateboard. Core Concepts is excited to have his talents on the team in their Boise office. The company also added Tom Lawrence in the Midwest and Dustin Schaad in the Rockies. Lawrence recently returned to Michigan and the Great Lakes after repping his way around the Pacific Northwest. Having grown up in the region, he is familiar with all the opportunities the natural playgrounds of that area have to offer outdoor enthusiasts. Schaad also brings more than 15 years of experience in the outdoor industry to the team with a diverse skill set honed from his work in product research and development, marketing and sales. Prior to coming on board, Dustin worked as a river, rock climbing and ski guide. Also, as a professional mountain bike athlete for The North Face, he managed clinics and events for over 700 accounts in the East covering 5 states. Now back in Utah, Dustin will be the regional sales rep for Utah, Wyoming, and Colorado.
- Mountain Khakis, a mountain-inspired lifestyle apparel brand, announces industry veteran Steve Talacki has joined their leadership team as national sales manager. Talacki’s professional path has been decorated with growth, recognition and adventure. From overseeing national and international sales at ExOfficio to being a field coordinator with Global Humanitarian Aid, Steve found opportunities in challenges.
- Easton Technical Products, precision-built outdoor equipment, is pleased to announce the addition of Corby Fisher and MichaelBellick. Fisher is the new director of marketing and Bellick is the new director of sales. Fisher is the former president and CEO of Caliber Sports Enterprises based in Park City, Utah, and comes from a rich history in sports marketing and branding. He began his run in the early 1990s with the U.S. Ski team, climbing the ranks from athlete to U.S. Olympic coach. He has created many successful marketing campaigns and partnerships in the outdoor and ski industries.
- Brooks Range Mountaineering Equipment, maker of high quality backcountry and mountaineering gear, is pleased to announce the addition of Western Sports and Leisure as the company’s Northwest sales rep agency. Starting immediately, the team at Western Sports and Leisure will be covering all Brooks-Range sales in Montana, Washington, Idaho, Oregon and Alaska. The Western Sports and Leisure is a family agency based in Portland, Ore. Art Simpson is the principal of the business handling major accounts and travels Montana and Washington. His son, Jad Simpson has been in the business for 13 years and covers Idaho, Oregon and Alaska, as well as online accounts. Linda Simpson handles the administrative duties of the business.
–Compliled by Ana Trujillo