Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Nau recently hired Carey Mullett as its senior women’s designer. Mullet joins the team with 20 years of experience in the apparel design industry and has worked with top apparel brands, including: Patagonia and adidas.
- Exxel Outdoors CEO Harry Kazazian recently announced Tory Upham was promoted to vice president of sales. As the company’s national sales director for the past year, Upham increased Exxel’s domestic sales by 15 percent and grew its sales force by adding an eastern states sales manager and a forecasting analyst.
- Tasc Performance, in New Orleans, selected French/West/Vaughan in Raleigh, N.C. as its integrated marketing agency of record. FWV, led by CEO Rick French, will implement a comprehensive integrated marketing campaign designed to drive sales by increasing awareness of Tasc Performance among consumers and retailers. Campaign elements will include a strong public relations campaign, social media, digital advertising, search engine optimization, grassroots activities and event sponsorships.
- Lorpen, a designer and manufacturer of socks for outdoor and sport enthusiasts, announced changes in the management structure at Lorpen North America. These significant infrastructure and production changes will include Imanol Muñoz and Garbiñe Maia who are based in Spain; and Don Morrison, Bruce Barrows and Matt Swanson who are based in the Toronto office. Muñoz will expand his role as international sales and marketing manager and be more directly involved in the development of the Lorpen brand in North America. Morrison will become the acting general manager and oversee the day-to-day activities of the company, and distribution system. Barrows will step up his involvement in the marketing and communication department and continue to manage the sales force in both Canada and the U.S. Swanson will now be responsible for all customer service operations and movement of the goods from the factories in Mexico and Spain to North America. Maia has been promoted to Lorpen product development and private label coordinator for all global customers.
- Bravo Sports Corporation, a player in the recreational and sporting goods markets since 1965, announced two new members to its team: Steve Sandler has been appointed senior vice president of business development and sales; and Jennifer Maurus was named vice president of business strategy in the Design Development Department.
- Johnson Outdoors Watercraft Inc. recently announced industry veteran Bob McDonough as its director of research and development. A leader with more than two decades of experience in the paddlesports industry, McDonough joins Johnson Outdoors from Confluence Watersports where as vice president of design and senior designer he managed the development of numerous market-leading products. In his new role with Johnson Outdoors Watercraft McDonough will be responsible for leading and managing the entire product development process and will report directly to Bill Kelly, vice president of Johnson Outdoors Watercraft and Gear.
- Swanson Russell announced the promotions of Joe Maguire, Dick Placzek, Brent Schott and Greg Wiley to senior vice president. Swanson Russell is Nebraska’s largest marketing communications firm that serves the agriculture, healthcare, outdoor recreation, construction and the green industries.
–Compiled by Ana Trujillo