Who’s on the move: Changes at 2XU, ExOfficio, Oboz, Yakima and more
Find out who's getting promoted or changing jobs in the outdoor industry.
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- 2XU, in Carlsbard, Calif., appointed Kevin Roberts as its new CEO. Roberts previously served as senior vice president within Adidas’ Sports Performance division where he was responsible for $9 billion in global revenue. He also previously served as managing director of Adidas Australia, and as general manager of rugby apparel brand Canterbury. 2XU also announced the hiring of Nikki Beal as its Canadian director of sales and marketing. Beal most recently served as Puma’s western sales manager and also worked at Sporting Life and Merrell. She is a former professional softball player who played for the California Sunbirds.
- ExOfficio, in Seattle, named Julie Liveris as its director of sales, where she is tasked to continue building the brand’s position in technical travel apparel. Liveris previously served as CEO of Contour Anywear, a company she co-founded and ran since 2003. Prior to that, she was the national sales and development manager of alternate care at Baxter Healthcare Corps.
- Oboz Footwear, in Bozeman, Mont., hired Kira Stoops as its marketing manager. Stoops is charged with oversight of all marketing functions, including a new ambassador program, developing promotional events with retailers and ensuring that Oboz’s brand voice is consistent across all marketing avenues. Stoops previously ran her own copywriting, brand and content strategy business, Flying Bicycle Creative, since 2008.
- Sherpa Adventure Gear, in Kent, Wash., added Drew Runberg to assist its apparel design and development team led by Amy Lietz Roberts. Runberg is a 2012 graduate of Oregon State University, with degrees in apparel design and merchandising management. Following his graduation, he interned with Black Diamond in apparel development, and he also had a design internship with Hlaska. Runberg is new to the outdoor industry, but brings a background of nearly 10 years of work with Diode Laser Concepts, where he learned hands-on manufacturing and ultimately became an assistant engineer.
- Yakima, in Beaverton, Ore., added two new members to its marketing team. As digital marketing manager, Jon Bullinger will help drive Yakima, Whispbar and Prorack websites, mobile brand experiences, social media and digital advertising. In addition, Bullinger will coordinate all digital marketing initiatives and e-commerce properties to build brand engagement, increase traffic and drive sales. He previously worked as a marketing specialist at Intel and recently created and launched his own tequila brand, which is one of the top selling tequila brands in Oregon. Summer Henderson joins Yakima as its new global marketing manager where she will work with the company’s global product manager in the creation and execution of marketing plans and assets. She also will oversee strategic partnership planning and activation, and develop the brand’s advertising and media strategy. Additionally, Henderson will facilitate collaboration between the global brand management team and regional business units for marketing initiatives. Prior to joining Yakima, Henderson was senior marketing manager at Ellsworth Handcrafted Bicycles, Inc. and served as business marketing manager at NTN Buzztime Inc.
- Skins, in Portland, Ore., hired Danielle Said as senior marketing manager of digital, communications and e-commerce for North America. Said will lead national marketing efforts with a focus on digital and social media marketing, as well as e-commerce and consumer-facing experiences. Said previously served as marketing director for onWax Media and also worked in international sales and marketing for 2XU.
- Backbone Media, with offices in Carbondale and Denver, Colo., and Jackson, Wyo., recently announced its new client, Yeti Coolers, based in Austin, Texas. Yeti Coolers offers rotationally molded (same process used to make whitewater rafts) coolers that keep food cooler than traditional coolers.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the outdoor industry? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
–Compiled by David Clucasand Ana Trujillo