Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Hoka One One in Richmond, Calif. announced the company appointed Howard Jones as national sales manager for the footwear brand. Jones joins the Hoka One One team with a strong footwear background, having held key sales positions with both Nike and Adidas spanning a 20-year period. Most recently Jones was the sales manager for Montrail. No stranger to the world of running, both professionally and personally, Jones also has an impressive athletic background and was crowned National Triathlon Champion for Great Britain and an age group World Champion for the Xterra Triathlon.
- Yakima Products, Inc., the vehicle racks and cargo solutions expert in Beaverton, Ore., has announced the addition of Stephanie Bastin-Wells as the company’s new global director of human resources, and the promotion of Emily Davis to director of supply chain. As global director of human resources, Bastin-Wells is a key member of the senior management team and is responsible for providing the strategy, leadership and direction for all components of the HR function at Yakima Products.
- Hi-Tec Sports, the global sports and outdoor company based in Portland, Ore., recently announced the appointment of Peter Shean as vice president of sales and product of its United States subsidiary. Drawing on his deep sales background with leading outdoor brands and his longstanding relationship with and passion for Hi-Tec, Shean will lead the company’s U.S. sales efforts. As part of the Hi-Tec senior management team Shean will develop and execute a holistic and wide-reaching sales strategy. He will be responsible for inspiring and coaching the independent sales agencies to achieve their fullest potential and continue to expand Hi-Tec’s reach in the U.S. market through a diverse product and channel mix.
- Backbone Media, with offices in Carbondale, Colo., Jackson, Wyo. and Denver Colo., recently welcomed Page Kelley as associate media director. Kelley joins Backbone from her previous position as senior media planner at Mindshare Chicago. At Mindshare, Kelley worked with numerous brands across multiple industries, managing individual budgets over $25 million. Kelley has executed campaigns across all mediums against a variety of target audiences. Most recently, her focus has been on planning and new media development.
- GoMotion, manufacturer of wearable lighting systems for runners, walkers, hikers and anyone recreating outside after the sun goes down, has announced updates to its line and a new partnership with Revolution House Media to help increase brand recognition and visibility. Founded in 2006 by runners Jonathan Craig and Bob Hunnewell, GoMotion’s product line came from the need for a better evening running light. Unsatisfied with reflective vests and headlamps that were on the market, the two designed a lighting system that could be worn lower on the body, addressing many of the drawbacks of headlamps. Benefits of GoMotion’s wearable lights include improved stability, comfort, night vision, depth perception, peripheral vision and vision in precipitation.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the outdoor industry? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.