Who’s on the move: John Hornsell at Garmont, Dave Kalema at Imagine Surf, Rebecca Larsen at Gregory Mountain Products and more
Find out who’s on the move in the outdoor industry.
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Garmont North America welcomed John Horsnell, founder of Farther North Sales, to its sales team. With more than 16 years of industry sales experience, Horsnell has represented a broad range of strong outdoor brands. The company also welcomed Tom Lawrence, who has more than eight years experience at Egan and Associates in the Pacific Northwest. Lawrence represented an exceptional line of brands including Vibram, Ibex and Gregory Mountain Products. The company also welcomed Exclusive Sports, Inc., to its team. Based in Texas, Exclusive represents an impressive list of outdoor and footwear industry brands. The three-person team has more than 20 years of sales and distribution experience in the southern central region. Mark Hollingsworth, the team leader, has experience across the outdoor industry that will help. Garmont would like to thank the Bodhi agency for their dedication to its brand.
- Imagine Surf, the San Clemente, Calif.-based performance-driven stand-up paddle board manufacturer, recently announced it has named internationally known big wave rider and stand-up paddle board pioneer Dave Kalama as vice president of design and innovation, effective immediately. In this position, he will be responsible for all creative aspects of product development and innovation including research, design and development. Additionally, he will represent Imagine Surf as brand ambassador. The appointment of Dave Kalama signifies the company’s new direction since the Pryde Group acquired it last January, and its overall strategy to be a leader in the stand-up paddle industry. Kalama is known for popularizing big wave, tow-in surfing, hydrofoil surfing and stand-up paddle surfing, and brings knowledge and insight of the industry to a new age at Imagine Surf.
- Gregory Mountain Products, which specializes in backpacks and adventure travel gear, announced the hiring of Rebecca Larsen as product line manager. In her new position at Gregory, Larsen will collaborate with the product development, sales and marketing teams to support the brand’s continued market share growth. Larsen will join the Gregory team in Salt Lake City, Utah from Bend, Ore., where she was a senior buyer and footwear department manager at Altrec.com. She has extensive experience with merchandising, line assortment planning and campaign development. Utilizing sales data and identifying emerging trends in the industry, Larsen will help oversee product development at Gregory and work with the sales and marketing teams to effectively communicate the product vision to retail buyers.
- Manduka, creator of high-performance yoga gear, announced today its recent appointment of Pamela Levine to the position of vice president of sales. An avid yoga practitioner and seasoned executive in the action sports and sporting goods industry, Levine brings with her a strong understanding of the current retail landscape and success in building meaningful and profitable brand partnerships. Levine’s role will be focused on leading the Manduka team to continue to provide top-tier service to the yoga community while expanding distribution channels to a core set of, premier and likeminded retailers. Manduka hopes to make the brand’s premium products available to more people nationwide, inspiring the practice of yoga.
- The Gilchrist Club, an exclusive hunting and sporting resort near Gainesville, Fla., and a subsidiary of Bankers Financial Corporation, recently named Don Currie general manager. Currie’s appointment was announced today by David Meehan, Chairman of the Gilchrist Club.
–Compiled by Ana Trujillo