Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Equip Outdoor Technologies Ltd., the parent company of technical outdoor brands Rab and Lowe Alpine, announced Chris Tennal as its U.S. sales manager. Tennal will manage two national sales teams covering the Rab and Lowe Alpine brands and will be based out of the USA head office in Louisville, Colorado. Tennal previously served as the hard goods buyer for Gorsuch, a high-end ski retailer, and later purchased and rebranded Mountain Outfitters, a Breckenridge-based specialty retailer focused on backcountry skiing and mountain lifestyle. He sold the business in Fall 2012.
- Topo Athletic, in Newton, Mass., named Chris Cohen vice president of sales. Cohen’s role is to lead North American sales and sales operations. Cohen has held leadership positions at Timberland, Reebok, Hi-Tec and most recently New Balance, where he player a role in sales leadership since 2004.
- Flylow, manufacturers of backcountry freeride ski apparel, announces two new hires to their staff, including a new national sales manager and a new Western Great Lakes sales rep. Micah Hinton joins the Flylow crew as national sales manager. Hinton, an avid skier based in San Rafael, Calif., has previously worked as a sales service coordinator and sales training specialist for Mountain Hardwear and the national sales manager for Buff, Inc. Hinton will also maintain his current role as the global director of sales for Pacific Outdoor Equipment. Hinton’s resume also includes sales and retail experience at The Orvis Company and Tahoe’s Homewood Ski Area.
- Mountain Hardwear, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Columbia Sportswear Company, announced the appointment of Chris Harges as director of global marketing for the Mountain Hardwear and Montrail brands. Harges brings over 20 years of outdoor industry and marketing experience to the role. He most recently served as senior brand manager for Mountain Hardwear and Montrail. Prior to Mountain Hardwear, Harges owned a San Francisco-based creative agency that served the outdoor, electronics, and financial industries with brands including The North Face, Hitachi and Wells Fargo. He also held marketing and management roles at The North Face and Eastern Mountain Sports in the past. In his new role, Harges will lead all aspects of global marketing for the Mountain Hardwear and Montrail brands. He will oversee the global marketing management team that includes two newly created positions, brand manager, product and brand manager, communications.
- Yakima Products, Inc., which specializes in vehicle racks and cargo solutions, announced the promotion of Sandi Lennehan to its executive team as chief financial officer.â€¨Lennehan has been with Yakima since 2002 in a variety of financial roles. Most recently, she was vice president of finance and corporate controller. She has more than 20 years of financial leadership experience in a variety of industries. In her new role at Yakima, Lennehan will be responsible for treasury management, financial reporting, budgeting and planning and providing financial and strategic direction for both North American and European business units.
- Active Interest Media announced that Andy Hawk will join the publisher’s Outdoor Group division in the newly created position of director of snowsports and new business development. Hawk has been managing ad sales for the Snow Show Daily, a joint venture of AIM and Snowsports Industries America (SIA). He will begin the full-time position in the Outdoor Group’s offices in Boulder, Colo., on April 1, after completing his current contract. Prior to joining AIM to manage Snow Show Daily, Hawk served as marketing director for the Professional Ski Instructors of America and American Association of Snowboard Instructors. His media experience also includes sales and marketing positions at SKI magazine and Warren Miller Films, as well as the publisher role for Ski Racing magazine. In his spare time, Andy is the director of 50 for Colorado, an executive education program at the University of Colorado.
- Nester Hosiery, in Mt. Airy, N.C., partnered with Pale Morning Media to provide public relations and creative communications for its new hunting and hiking sock brand Far to Feet. The brand will launch at Outdoor Retailer Winter Market and the SHOT in 2013.
- Kokatat, in Arcata, Calif., hired Scott Sullivan as its Southeast and Mid-Atlantic sales representative. Sullivan will serve Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia. Sullivan, based out of Saluda, N.C., is a veteran watersports sales professional having represented Lotus Designs/Patagonia, Pyranha and P&H Kayaks in the past. He currently represents C4 Waterman.
Have any new hire or promotions news? Email us at email@example.com to get into next week’s Who’s On the Move column.