Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Amer Sports Winter and Outdoor Americas appointed Derek Hancock (photo, right) as commercial and sales manager for Arc’Teryx in the United States. In his new position, Hancock will be responsible for driving sustainable growth while maintaining and enhancing brand positioning for the outdoor apparel manufacturer. Hancock most recently handled specialty and national key sales accounts for The North Face in the United States.
- Portland Product Werks (PPW), in Portland, Ore., announced its sales team to launch its debut Woolrich Footwear collection for fall 2014. Mike Mangiarancina joins the company as national sales manager for the Woolrich Footwear brand. Mangiarancina brings more than 25 years of experience in the retail and wholesale industry working with leading footwear brands such as: Nike, Timberland, Lloyd Shoes, H.H. Brown and Rockport. Mangiarancina will lead the sales rep team of Peachy Keen Footwear, led by David Froment, in the New England area; DBA Sales, Inc., led by Doug Hoyt, Bruce Finestone and Amy Hoyt, in the Mid Atlantic region; Outpost Sales SE, led by Andrew Knorr, in the Southeast; PHH Sales, Inc., led by Phil Hurwitz, in the Midwest; Mountain Pacific Sales, led by Brad Kingery, in the Rocky Mountain region and Nebraka.; The Sherpa Group Two, LLC, led by Jack Powell, in the Pacific Northwest; and The Blue Sky Group, led by Fred Riley & Dominique Schwartz, on the West coast. PPW announced in September its long-term, global licensing agreement with Woolrich. to design, source and distribute premium footwear and slipper collections for men and women.
- Neve Designs recently announced that Co-founder and CEO, Tom Irvine, will be stepping away from day-to-day operations at the Boulder headquarters to pursue a new opportunity. Irvine will continue to be a co-owner of the outdoor and lifestyle knitwear brand, and will assume an advisory role with a focus on strategic initiatives for the company. Doug Saunders is the new general manager. Saunders will oversee general operations within the company and leverage his decades of experience and expertise to continue Neve’s current growth trajectory. Joining Neve in the new position of director of merchandising and development, is longtime sports apparel specialist, Kate Saunders, who will spearhead design, merchandising and development efforts for all Neve collections.
- Bergans USA, in Longmont, Colo., added sales rep, Dan Dixson, to its sales force. Dixson will represent the brand in Northern California and Northern Nevada. Dixson has an extensive background in the ski market representing products for companies such as Head/Tyrolia Wintersports, Fischer Sports USA, Karbon, POC, Swix and Uvex. Dixson was also general manager of Reno, Nev. retailer Sierra Mountaineer.
- Woolrich, in Woolrich, Pa., restructured the framework of its sales team naming four new independent sales agents and realigning a number of its territories. Mountain Source, Inc. headed up by RJ Guiney, Bruce Gordon, and Zach Branson will handle the Rockies (CO, NE, NM, and UT). Phil Flamand and his Flamand Sports Group will service the Southeast (MS, AL, FL, GA, TN, SC, NC, VA, DC, MD, WV); Mike Sullivan and Allen Bishop will manage the South Central (TX, LA, OK, KS, AR, MO, NE); and Chet Cisek and his team at Wild Moon LLC will handle the upper Midwest (MN, WI, ND, SD, IA).
Have any new hire or promotions news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get into next week’s Who’s On the Move column