Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Ibex Outdoor Clothing, in White River Junction, Vt., hired Jackton Downard as its new director of sales, effective Sept. 23. For the past four years, Jackton served as international sales manager at Outdoor Research and prior to that worked for 12 years as a sales representative for several outdoor brands, including Ibex in the Pacific Northwest. Jackton will prioritize an outreach campaign to Ibex’s sales force and retailers, officials said, looking to build the company’s wholesale business. He is relocating from Seattle to Vermont with his wife and their two children.
- Benchmark Outdoor Outfitters, in Blue Ash, Ohio, near Cincinnati, hired Sally Grimes as its vice president of retail operations and marketing. Grimes will focus on examining the specialty outdoor customers’ needs and expectations and develop programs, events and a retail environment designed to deliver a high-quality customer experience. She previously served as executive director of the Outdoor Industries Women’s Coalition (OIWC) and Winter Wildlands Alliance. Just before joining the Benchmark team, Grimes was responsible for the development and implementation of volunteer, event and education programs at the recently established REI in Cincinnati.
- Yakima Products, Inc., in Beaverton, Ore. beefed up its sales department, naming Justin Manthe as director of sales, west, and Ben Tindall as director of sales, east. Both Manthe and Tindall report to Jason McGibbon, Senior Director of Sales, North America. Manthe previously served as director of sales at Electra Bicycle Co. At Yakima, he will focus on managing the company’s western states sales representative groups, including BP Associates, Livin’ the Dream, Pacific Rep Works, RideRep Group and Rocky Mountain Rep Group. Tindall previously managed military and government sales for the eastern region at American Rec. At Yakima he will focus on managing the Atlantic Associates, Robb Sports Sales, Sport Tech Sales, Team Maxem and Tri-Marketing Group sales teams. Both Manthe and Tindall will also help manage strategic accounts in their regions.
- 110%, in Jacksonville, Fla., named Austin Chow as its new president. Chow will lead all brand strategy, marketing, sales and product development efforts to further establish the athlete-targeted brand, expand distribution and enhance the consumer product offering and experience. Chow previously worked at IMG Licensing, a division of IMG Worldwide, helping develop ESPN’s branded consumer product portfolio, including College GameDay, Sportscenter, Baseball Tonight, and cobranded programs with the NBA, NCAA, BCS, SEC and NASCAR.
- Westcomb, in Vancouver, Canada, named Invictus Outdoor, led by Karl Jones and Nate Hamm, to increase its presence at retail in the U.S. Southeast. Based in Madison, Ga., the agency will represent Westcomb in Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia and Alabama.
- Fischer Sports, in Auburn, N.H., named Roff Carter in Truckee, Calif., to represent its skis, boots, bindings and accessory products in the greater California region. Roff has worked with Marker, Nordica and Rossignol and currently represents Bolle Eyewear and Goggles and Serengeti Eyewear. He will travel and handle California, Nevada and the Arizona territory.
Have any new hire or promotions news? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to get into next week’s Who’s On the Move column.