Most popular stories on OBJ: September 2020
ICYMI: Here's a recap of the biggest outdoor industry stories this month.
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
September was another eventful month in the outdoor industry, with big news breaking about the sale of MEC to an American investment firm, the announcement of a new CEO at Patagonia, the first public release of VF Corporation’s annual diversity report, and much more. Here are the stories that drew the most attention this month, ranked from highest to lowest in traffic.
1. MEC members protest co-op sale, former REI CEO Jerry Stritzke weighs in
2. Building the next generation of Black outdoor leaders
3. Hispanic outdoor gear designers you should know
4. Patagonia names Ryan Gellert CEO
5. VF Corporation makes its annual diversity report public for the first time
6. How to make your outdoor retail shop more welcoming to all
7. New SIA data paints a mixed picture for the snowsports industry
8. Gearmunk postpones Thin Air Show for a second time
9. BLM acting director William Perry Pendley removed from office
10. Fjällräven in Boulder, Colorado, faces lawsuit over unpaid rent