Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
We’re proud to announce this week that Outside Business Journal has once again qualified as a finalist for multiple Folio Eddie Awards—the annual series of honors for excellence in the publishing industry. The awards, judged by an independent panel of media executives, considers all publications and websites—including nonprofit, B2B, regional, consumer, and content marketing publications—as eligible for recognition in dozens of categories.
This year, OBJ made the finals for the following awards:
- Full Issue (B2B) for the Winter 2021 edition of our print magazine
- Planned or On Location Coverage (B2B) for Senior Editor Andrew Weaver’s piece titled “Outdoor Retailer Online: What went right, what didn’t, and what we’ve learned so far”
- Analysis (B2B) for contributor Glenn Nelson’s piece titled “Waking up: Will the outdoor industry ever get DEI right?” (first published in the Winter 2020 edition of our print magazine)
- Investigative Journalism (B2B) for a piece by our print magazine’s deputy editor, Elisabeth Kwak-Hefferan, titled “The shady world of pro deals,” (first published in the Winter 2020 edition of our print magazine)
- Essays and Criticism (B2B) for contributor Marc Peruzzi’s piece titled “Goliath’s reckoning: Has REI grown too large?” (first published in the Winter 2020 edition of our print magazine)
- Advertorial/Sponsored Content (B2B) for “Her Voice,” a partnership between LifeStraw and Outside Business Journal that examines gender bias in the outdoor industry
OBJ has won numerous Folio Eddie Awards in years past, including five last year. The awards ceremony will be held this year in New York City on October 14, where the winners will be announced.