Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
The Voice, our former semiannual print magazine, is no more. In its place, we’ve created something even better: the first print edition of Outside Business Journal, launching next week at The Big Gear Show. Our coverage inside the issue is the same. You’ll still find the best industry journalism around, with deep reporting and balanced coverage on all the most important issues in the world of outdoor business. But the look and feel of the magazine, from front to back, is completely new. We really think you’re going to love it.
Introducing Outside Business Journal Summer 2021: The Tech Issue.
Inside this 104-page book (our largest yet), you’ll find dozens of juicy topics to sink your teeth into, including…
- 31 ways technology is shaping outdoor business
- Why some industry data can’t be trusted
- How a viral video saved the nation’s first Black-owned gear shop
- The toxic, dangerous side of athlete sponsorships
- How technology has saturated national parks
- A ranked list of the season’s most anticipated gear
- An intimate interview with social media sensation Pattie Gonia
- Best practices for battling internet trolls
- The rise of branded retail
- Is there hope for the backpack tax?
…and much more!
If you’re headed to The Big Gear Show next week, or Outdoor Retailer the week after, don’t forget to pick up your free copy. Or, if you won’t be at the shows, be on the lookout for the full digital issue, landing on our website August 3. We’ll also be publishing individual stories digitally throughout the month of August. To make sure you don’t miss a single one, sign up for our newsletter.