- Scarpa recently retained Summit Sales, headed up by owner and principal Dave Fitzgerald, to oversee sales of its products in the Pacific Northwest territory. Scarpa promoted Paul Nanawa to sales service manager; he previously spent three years as the company’s sales service coordinator. In his new role, Nanawa will take on the added responsibility of managing the dealer service team, as well as continuing to work with key accounts, organizing sales meetings and trade shows, managing the sample fleet and supporting Scara’s outside sales force. Scarpa also promoted Steve Jozefczyk. Jozefczyk was promoted to direct sales coordinator after starting at Scarpa in 2008 as a sales service representative. As the new direct sales coordinator, he takes on additional responsibility with the direct-sales side of the business and also will coordinate activities of the direct-sales team.
- E-Lynx PR, headed up by Linda Nervick, is now representing Powertraveller. Other E-Lynx clients are Granite Gear, Will Steger, Expeditions Unlimited.
- Northern Lites, an American manufacturer that claims to make the “world’s lightest snowshoes,” is excited to announce that Craig A. Brooks was hired as vice president and general manager. Brooks brings experience from some of the United Sates’ leading manufacturers in their fields, including Pierce Manufacturing and W.S. Darley Co., and most recently was the national sales manager for Crescent Moon Snowshoes. He is an avid outdoorsman and a snowshoeing enthusiast. Northern Lites was acquired by Brent and Brian Hallgren and their families in June of 2011. Hiring experienced professionals is part of their strategic plan to grow the company to be the leading American based manufacturer of snowshoes.
- Footbalance, with Matt Kaplan, North American president and business manager, announced the company’s partnership with Robinson Outdoor Group, which will represent the company sales in the northeast territory of the United States. Based in Madison, Conn., Robinson Outdoor Group has more than a decade of direct experience in the wintersports, outdoor, athletic, footwear and fashion markets. Robinson also represents Tecnica ski boots, Tecnica footwear, the Original Moon Boots, Bizzard Skis and Powderhorn apparel.
- Ibex Outdoor Clothing hired Nancy Andrews as an independent sales representative for New England to spread the message of wool across the states of New Hampshire, Vermont, Maine, Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut. A 30-year veteran of the outdoor industry, Andrews was co-founder of the outdoor specialty retail shop Wild River Outfitters. Located just up the road from Ibex in Waitsfield, Vt., Andrews has been an independent sales rep for the past 17 years with experience selling paddlesports gear, hard goods, Nordic ski, footwear, and soft goods.
- REI recently hired outdoor industry veteran Eric Artz as chief financial officer in May. Artz comes to REI from Urban Outfitters, Inc., a leading lifestyle specialty retail company operating under the Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Free People, Terrain and BHLDN brands.
- Sierra Designs hired outdoor industry veteran Michael Glavin to be its vice president and brand manager, a recently created position. Reflecting a bigger commitment to brand growth and success, Sierra Designs added the new VP and brand manager position to enhance the brand’s strategic direction, product planning, business development and day-to-day operational leadership. Glavin will be responsible for both the equipment and apparel categories, securing the highest level of coordination and alignment for one of the outdoor industry’s most innovative brands.
–Compiled by Ana Trujillo