- Timbuk2, in San Francisco, appointed Cindy Feinauer as its director of U.S. sales. Feinauer is responsible for elevating and executing Timbuk2’s domestic growth strategy. She previously served as the director of U.S. sales at SmartWool and prior to that spent seven years at Wolverine World Wide, where she worked in sales and operations roles for Chaco and Merrell. Feinauer relocated from Boulder, Colo. to San Francisco for her new role.
- Patagonia, in Ventura, Calif., added Joy Howard to its senior management team as vice president of marketing. Howard will lead the development and execution of global marketing across all sales channels and communication platforms for Patagonia, as well as for the wider portfolio of Patagonia initiatives in food and media, and new brand extensions. Howard previously served as Nike’s vice president of marketing for Converse All Star. Prior to Converse, Howard was based in Zurich, Switzerland, as global marketing director for The Coca-Cola Company’s joint venture with Nestlé. She began her career in marketing at Johnson & Johnson Consumer Products Co.
- Newton Running, in Boulder, Colo., recently announced Tom Curran, who previously worked as the company’s regional account manager, was promoted to director of sales, specialty running. Kirk Nichols was named vice president, sales operations, and former COO Stephen Gartside was named vice president of special projects. This is part of a restructuring of the sales team to support rapid growth plans in the specialty sector.
- The Mann Group recently selected Kevin Simpson, its current customer service and retail strategist, as its chief strategy officer. Simpson will play a key leadership role in aligning and developing The Mann Group’s core business strategies as well as delivering on the company vision of CEO Dan Mann. The Mann Group provides training to retailers in the outdoor, running and cycling industries that help them increase revenue.
- Kamik, which specializes in quality, eco-friendly footwear, recently announced it tapped Litzky Public Relations to be its agency of record. Litzky Public Relations is headed up by Michele Litzky and is headquartered in Hoboken, N.J.
Have any new hire or promotions news? Email us at email@example.com to get into next week’s Who’s On the Move column.