A lot happened in the outdoor industry this month. Our own parent company, Pocket Outdoor Media, acquired a group of legacy media properties including the longstanding climbing mag Rock and Ice. Another group of magazines—including Bike, Powder, and Surfer—effectively folded. The North Face got a new president. The sale of MEC was approved.
To make sure you don’t miss any of this month’s important headlines, we’ve gathered our top stories in one place to revisit. Here are the stories that drew the most attention this October.
1. What will winter 20/21 bring for the snow sports industry?
2. Should outdoor brands endorse politicians? REI and Patagonia disagree
3. Pocket Outdoor Media acquires Rock and Ice, Trail Runner, and Gym Climber
4. Bike, Powder, Snowboarder, and Surfer magazines to cease publication indefinitely
5. Mystery Ranch, HydraPak, and others to attend SHOT Show in January
6. Steve Murray has been promoted to president of The North Face
7. The sale of MEC can proceed, a judge ruled
8. After 3 years of research and design, Sea to Summit breaks into backcountry tents
9. These 5 innovative packaging solutions can help your company kick plastic
10. In case you missed it, Black Folks Camp Too