- Black Diamond has made several new hires to support its Gregory Mountain Products operations in Japan. The hires include industry veteran Mori Hikari as general manager of Gregory Japan. He brings more than 20 years of experience in the industry. He’s previously held positions at The North Face and REI Japan. Ken Kinbara will join Gregory Japan as sales manager. Kinbara most recently worked at A&F as Gregory’s Brand manager. In addition, three members of the former Gregory Asia Pacific office will become immediate additions to the team: Haruhiko (“Harry”) Kondo will assume the role of marketing manager and has worked with Gregory for over 10 years, serving in various roles including consultant and manager of the Asia Pacific office; Takuji Sasaki will continue his duties as marketing coordinator and Kenjiro Nakajima will take on the role of product and sales analyst. Naoko Kojima has been hired as controller for Gregory Japan. Beginning in 2008, she served as the finance and operations manager of Lancel Japan, a division of the luxury goods holding company, Richemont. Prior to Lancel, she worked with Accenture Japan in a variety of consulting projects. Teddy Herryanto has been hired as IT site manager. Prior position was with Pacific Consulting Tokyo Japan. Previous employment was with Nippon Cable Corporation dating back to 2008.
- Scott Sports announced today that the company is restructuring its North American sales team in anticipation of its growth in both the outdoor and winter markets. Effective immediately, Greg Ries will assume the role of softgoods sales manager, reporting directly to Larry Morton, executive VP of sales and marketing. Within this new structure, Scott will be focusing on separating the softgoods and hardgoods divisions, resulting in greater focus and attention to each category. Scott sales representatives will move from independent reps to company representatives placed in key territories throughout the U.S. Since starting with Scott, Ries has appointed four new sales representatives to locations across the U.S., many of them coming from winter and outdoor brands.
- Longworth Industries, manufacturer of Polarmax, AYG and XGO branded apparel, announced it hired Bill Kendall as director of sales for Polarmax and AYG brands, effective Oct. 1. In his new role, Kendall will assume the responsibilities of sales management, overseeing business and partnership development, as well as direct involvement in marketing and product development for the Polarmax and AYG brands. Prior to joining Longworth, Kendall built a leading sales agency in Florida, representing brands across a wide breadth of active lifestyle categories.
- Franklin Retail Solutions announced that Glenn Walls has been named VP of business development. Walls will be based out of the greater New York area. His responsibilities will include managing strategic partnerships and the development of new accounts. Before joining FRS, Walls was the Principal of Trilogy, Inc., an independent manufacturer’s rep agency in the Northeast U.S.. He represented Asics America and other brands in some of the largest retailers in the world, including Footlocker, Dick’s and Modell’s. Prior to that, he was a senior VP with GSI Commerce and a DMM for Dick’s Sporting Goods.
- SeasonFive announced partnerships with three new rep groups — Chad Johnston Outdoor in the Midwest, Aviddsports in the Northwest and Russ Gotzmer in the southern Rockies. Chad Johnston has 13 years of experience in the outdoor and cycling industries, and has been growing his rep business, especially within watersports distribution. For SeasonFive, he is representing Michigan, Ohio, Indiana, Wisconsin, Illinois and Minnesota. Dave Jordan has been a leading sales rep in the outdoor industry for 17 years. Based in Park City, Utah, Jordan will cover his home state as well as Wyoming, Idaho and Montana. Russ Gotzmer has been in the sporting goods industry for two decades, working with long-standing brands as well as startups. Based in Vail, Colo., Gotzmer handles all of Colorado, New Mexico and Texas for SeasonFive.
- Tilley Endurables, Canadian manufacturer of the Tilley Hat and adventure travel apparel, announced the recent appointment of Hardin Outdoors as its new sales agency representing North and South Carolina. Joining Tilley’s seasoned sales force, Elliott Hardin brings more than 20 years of outdoor brand sales experience to this rapidly growing and important territory. Hardin joined Tilley effective Oct. 1. Hardin Outdoors, headquartered in northern Georgia, was established in 2001 and covers the outdoor, paddle, footwear and adventure specialty markets.
–Complied by Ana Trujillo