- Garmont North America, in Portland, Ore., announced the addition of three new representation agencies to help with distribution of Garmont footwear, Bridgedale socks and Life-Link backcountry accessories. The company named Pacific Rep Words, headed by Mitch Lemas as its rep in the Northwest territory (Washington, Oregon, Idaho, Montana, and Alaska); Redline Sports Group headed by Ian Reid and Tim Hattrup in the Rockies territory (Colorado, New Mexico, Utah and Wyoming) and J. Rudge Sales, headed by Jason Rudge and John Kuyper, in the Central Canada territory.
- Salomon USA, in Ogden, Utah, appointed Erik Anderson as its new sales director for Salomon USA Winter Sports Equipment to oversee alpine and Nordic ski equipment categories. Anderson will be responsible for all aspects of the annual winter sports equipment selling cycle as well as provide overall management and direction for its network of sales representatives and key accounts. Anderson previously served as a vice president for Fischer Skis US’s alpine division.
- Joshua Tree Skin Care, in Pinckney, Mich., named William “Che” Wentz as its national sales manager. Wentz will develop and oversee the execution of the brand’s sales strategy that is focused on developing distribution around the United Sates. Wentz previously worked as a sales representative and financial controller at outdoor outerwear manufacturer Loki.
- McNett, in Bellingham, Wash., hired Beaty Jackson as director of East Coast sales. Jackson will be based near Knoxville, Tenn. and spend the majority of his time engaging outdoor dealers in the Southeast, directing and implementing key outdoor sales initiatives and expanding brand awareness and product knowledge throughout the entire east coast region. Jackson previously served as part-owner of Adventure Marketing Group. Jackson will work closely with Brian Roche, technical sales supervisor, who will continue to oversee USA specialty sales in dive and west coast outdoor industry sales
- Sport Obermeyer appointed Greg Bannister as director of technology. Bannister will oversee all facets of IT planning, facilitation and team management for Obermeyer’s global headquarters in Aspen, Colo. and distribution center in Denver. He will also help the company’s executive team with enterprise resource planning, customer resource management and operations, inventory and accounting systems. Bannister previously served as the chief information officer for power tool accessory company Jore Corp.
- Aku hired Tom McCalla to serve as the Italian footwear company’s Southeast U.S. sales representative covering sales in North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Georgia, Florida, Kentucky, Alabama and Mississippi. McCalla has been an independent sales rep in the southeast for the past 25 years and his current lines include Tilley, Thorlo, Overland Equipment and Briggs & Riley Outdoor Travel.
- Darn Tough Vermont, in Northfield, Vt., tapped StoneNsea Sales Inc. for representation in the Southeastern and Gulf states of United States, including North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Tennessee and Mississippi. StoneNsea Sales, headed by John “JJ” Juraschek also represents Outdoor Research in the region.
- Deuter USA, in Longmont Colo., hired Sterling & Co. for sales representation in the Northern California and Northern Nevada markets. Sterling & Co. is headed up by Jody Sterling, Bill Sterling and Jared Rodriquez. Aldo represent Salomon’s footwear, apparel and Nordic divisions, along with Jetboil.
- Lafuma USA, in Lafayette, Colo., named Adventure Marketing Group as the French company’s new sales agency covering the southeastern United States. Tom Hammond and Bo Boran form the team that will be servicing retailers in the region, bringing 25-plus years of combined experience in the outdoor industry, including several years on the retail side of the business.
- Pet Research, a developer of science-based supplements for pets in Newbury Park, Calif., named Verde PR & Consulting, in Durango and Boulder, Colo. and Jackson, Wyo., as its agency of record. Verde, headed by Kristin Carpenter-Ogden, will develop and implement an integrated communications program through strategic media outreach targeted at digital and traditional media in addition to social media support.
- Northside, in Marysville, Wash., also named Verde PR & Consulting as its agency of record to help increase Northside’s outdoor and active lifestyle business in trail, sport, polar and lifestyle.
- Evolv Sports, in Buena Park, Calif., announced the addition of Caraway & Co., headed by Dana Caraway, as the company’s representative in Southern California, Arizona and Nevada. Caraway & Co. also manages business in the Southwest region for Outdoor Research, Horny Toad, Carve Designs, ENO Hammocks, Chico Bags, Vapur and Kahtoola.
- Avex hired Bill Bracken of Green Monster Sales as its new sales representative for the East Coast region covering Metro New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and Washington, D.C. The company also hired Joe Farrelly to its sales team to cover Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and the greater New York area.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the outdoor industry? Let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
–Compiled by David Clucas