- G3, the independent, industry-leading manufacturer of skis, bindings and ski accessories, this week hired industry veteran Gord Bailey to the newly created position of VP of Sales and Marketing. Check out the SNEWS story on Bailey and his new postion.
- Teva, a division of Deckers Outdoor, recently appointed Jonas Brickus as global creative director and the promoted of Erika Brakken to global marketing director. In their new roles, Brickus will lead product design and brand creative while Brakken will lead the brand’s marketing strategy and activation. Brickus, who brings 22 years of design and brand innovation experience, comes to Teva from IDEO where he led a diverse portfolio of strategic design initiatives for brands such as Converse, Coca-Cola, BMW, Yamaha, Nike, Quiksilver, Polaroid, and others. Prior to IDEO, Brickus was a managing director for global innovation consultancies Continuum and HLB. Brakken joined Teva in December 2011 and came with more than 12 years of brand marketing experience with established consumer brands including adidas, Yakima, Vans and Red Bull. Brakken will now oversee all aspects of Teva’s marketing, including advertising, digital, retail, PR, events and sports marketing. This team includes another new hire, Seth Pulford as Sports Marketing Manager. Pulford, formally the Global Marketing Manager for Globe, will strengthen and define strategy for Teva’s sponsored athlete roster while engaging with the next generation of Teva enthusiast.
- Deuter USA and Ortovox has hired a new sales coordinator, Tracy Norman, to support their sales management efforts for accounts, in-house and rep teams and marketing specialists. Having spent the last six years at Smartwool, Norman brings a strong background of direct experience in sales, proactive service and industry understanding to the Deuter USA team. In addition to supporting day-to-day account and order management, Norman will be deeply involved in sales meetings, tradeshows and sponsored events.
- Mammut, the Swiss quality providers of alpine gear and apparel, has recently appointed Jeff Krahenbuhl as their new Pacific Northwest territory manager. Joining the seasoned sales force of the Mammut Sports Group, Krahenbuhl will bring his eight years of outdoor brand sales experience to a rapidly growing sales territory. Based in Seattle, Washington, Krahenbuhl worked most recently as the principal rep at Elevation Sales, and he has also worked in sales and tech rep roles for K2, Atomic, and Cascade Designs.
- Taos Footwear, the women’s footwear brand influenced by the American Southwest, officially announced the promotion of Bill Langrell to chief operating officer. With the company since it was founded over seven years ago, Langrell has been an integral part of the company’s continued growth. As COO, Langrell will oversee all aspects of the company’s operations, including product development,manufacturing, marketing, sales, customer service and general operations. Langrell will report directly to Glen Barad, Taos Footwear’s founder and president.
- Road Warrior Sports, maker of a lightweight, aerodynamic sport trailer, announced today that Marc Cutilletta has joined the company as the Rocky Mountain Region sales rep. Cutilletta has strong ties in the Rocky Mountain region; he was the regional sales manager for Wilson Sporting Goods for more than seven years, worked with athletes as a sales rep for Denver Athletic Supply and currently represents outdoor brands through his company Red Alfa Sales.
- Magnum Footwear, a division of Hi-Tec Sports and a leading maker of tactical and uniform footwear, today announced it has hired Weinstein PR, headed up by Mike Weinstein, as its public relations agency in the United States. The company will manage all aspects of Magnum’s public relations in the U.S., including product publicity and corporate communications. Weinstein PR is already representing Magnum’s sister brand, Hi-Tec Sports USA brand.
–Compiled by Ana Trujillo & David Clucas