- Hydro Flask, makers of insulated double-walled products, recently announced Scott Allan is the company’s new CEO and president. Allan replaces former CEO and Founder Travis Rosbach, who departed in early May to pursue other interests. Allan joins the Hydro Flask team at its Bend, Ore. headquarters today. Allan has more than 20 years experience working with growth stage businesses and product lines and comes to Hydro Flask from NXP Semiconductors, where he was senior director of marketing and mobile applications for the company’s fast growing mobile products. Previously, Allan held various leadership positions including CEO of TriniTEQ, an Australian wireless system provider, and VP and GM of a $40 million-a-year Motorola business unit. He brings to Hydro Flask extensive experience in domestic and international growth, fundraising, marketing, corporate development and commercializing innovative new products.
- Simms Fishing Products, the leader in technical fishing wear, announces Scott Harkins as the director of sales effective mid-July. A lifelong angler, Harkins comes to Simms after a 17-year career as a sales representative for prominent fly-fishing brands in the southern Rockies. He serves as vice chairman of the American Fly Fishing Trade Association. Harkins will oversee a team of sales representatives that cover U.S. and Canadian territories. Simms expanding, award-winning product line includes American-made GORE-TEX waders, outerwear, footwear, sportswear, bags, packs and accessories.
- Boreas, the San Francisco-based adventure travel and outdoor gear company, has hired Dana Seaton to represent it in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic territories. Seaton has extensive outdoor experience representing brands such as Western Mountaineering, New England Ropes, Nemo Tents and Five Ten.
- Salomon USA recently added Dennis Hochwender to its team. Hochwender has been an active part of the outdoor industry for more than 30 years, with top leadership roles in specialty retail management, sales force management and product management. Most recently he served as VP of sales and outdoor product director for Hi-Tec USA.
- Divers Direct, headed up by director Ben Lockett, has selected Leisure Trends Group as its CRM Agency. Since 1984, Dania Beach, Fla.-based Divers Direct is the United States’ largest SCUBA specialty retailer servicing the SCUBA community by offering a complete scuba certification curriculum and a large selection of scuba gear including, scuba tanks, dive computers, scuba regulators, scuba wetsuits and scuba masks from the world’s top manufacturers like Atomic, Aqua Lung, Cressi, Mares, Evo and many others. In addition to being recognized as the United States largest scuba retailer, Divers Direct is known for its customer service.
- Spyder Active Sports, Inc., the Colorado-based manufacturer of premium technical ski apparel, has hired Ariana Burkley as a key account manager. Burkley will assume responsibility for Spyder’s key accounts in the Rocky Mountain Region and will report to Spyder’s VP of Sales for North America, Ellen Welley.
- Amer Sports recently named Vincent Wauters as its new general manager for Arc’teryx to replace Tyler Jordan, who had served as president and CEO of the brand for the past seven years.
Have news of a new hire or promotion within the outdoor industry? Let us know at email@example.com
–Compiled by Ana Trujillo