Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
PORTLAND, ORE. (May 25, 2021) — We’ve all been there, ready to get away for the weekend, gathering gear, the car or van packed, the dog barking with excitement, and the most important things go in the car or backpack last- the water bottle, the car keys, the phone, and a pair of shades that are rugged enough to stand up to the adventure to come.
Shwood Eyewear has a long history of offering premium eyewear, defined by detail and style for urban living, but they are also a homegrown Oregon brand, based in Portland and entrenched in the natural world of the PNW. The craftspeople at Shwood saw a need for eyewear that offers the function of polarized lenses, spring hinges and adjustable temple tips at an attainable price point, built for adventure, with timeless style.
CAMP was created to fill a void in the eyewear market for budget-conscious consumers that value sustainability, but won’t compromise on quality. The gap between $20 “disposable” and $150 “premium” eyewear has been long underserved, with no single product offering a design that ticks all the boxes for the modern adventurer. The thoughtful design of the CAMP collection delivers on these needs, offering an array of well-rounded features only seen in premium brands at double the price.
The concept grew into four classic silhouettes, crafted for the outdoors with plant-based bioplastic frames featuring genuine wood inlays, polarized lenses with 100% UVA/UVB protection, and a retro sleeping bag travel case included, all for $79 and available spring/summer 2021. The CAMP Ridge, Topo, Cove and Trail each come with a 1 year warranty.
- Plant-based bio-plastic frames offer all the qualities of TR-90 nylon while reducing the amount of plastic used to make sunglasses.
- Polarized lenses decrease eye strain by reducing visible glare from water, snow, sand, and pavement. Impact-resistant lenses are built for adventure, offering 100% protection from harmful UV-A and UB-V rays.
- 3-ply wood accents offer a distinctive grain pattern and natural warmth.
- Stainless steel spring hinges provide a secure fit for all-day comfort and flexibility.
- Adjustable acetate temple tips for rugged durability and comfort.
Includes retro sleeping bag travel pouch.
CAMP by Shwood Eyewear is currently available at REI and MEC as well as on Campeywear.com.
Budget Friendly and Built For Adventure
Built with adventure in mind, the mixed-materials of the CAMP collection merge together to achieve the perfect blend of rugged durability and sustainable style at an unbeatable price. The timeless silhouettes are designed for comfort and clarity, offering everything you need, and nothing you don’t. Whether you’re biking to work or hiking through the backcountry, The CAMP collection delivers classic style with a natural twist.