ARC’TERYX OPENS FIRST REBIRD SERVICE CENTER IN NEW NYC RETAIL LOCATION
Brand introduces its first hybrid retail store with a fully-equipped Service Center that includes ReBird Sales hub.
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
NORTH VANCOUVER, Canada, Nov 5, 2021 – Arc’teryx Equipment, the global design company specializing in technical high-performance apparel and equipment, has opened the first ReBird Service Center in its latest New York space at 547 Broadway. The sixth location in the New York market, the Broadway store is the first of its kind to offer both Arc’teryx retail sales along with complimentary on-site product assessment, care and education; technical wash service, DWR fabric renewal and simple repairs on-site. The Service Center is part of the ReBird program – an initiative that connects guests to the brand’s ongoing commitment to circularity, including upcycling, resale and care and repair.
Exclusive Arc’teryx ReBird items will be available for purchase at the Broadway location. These include products that are upcycled and/or crafted from materials saved from waste, as well as a thoughtfully curated selection of Arc’teryx Used Gear pieces from a range of categories: shells, insulated jackets, mid-layers, pants and more.
“Having a space for guests to experience ReBird in person is so exciting for the passionate people working hard behind the scenes to make this program a reality,” said Dominique Showers, VP Recommerce, Arc’teryx. “The Service Center makes it easy for guests to learn about proper product care, get assessments and repairs done on the spot, and find unique refurbished Used Gear and ReBird products alongside our retail offerings.”
The ReBirdTM services offered will include:
- Product assessment: in-store after-sales assessment, including GORE-TEX leak testing.
- In-store care & education: hands-on education about product care; in-house technical wash service; and renewal of face fabric Durable Water Repellent (DWR).
- In-store repair: zipper repair services including slider, pull cord, pull-and bottom box replacement; cord ends, cord locks, and buckle replacement; as well as adhesive patches and heat pressed internal patches.
- Expert repair: color choices are offered for GORE-TEX fabric replacement or full zipper replacement before these are sent off for fulfillment.
“Building gear that lasts is the first step to reducing our environmental impact,” said Katie Wilson, Senior Manager Social & Environmental Sustainability. “The ReBird Service Center is an exciting new opportunity for our guests to extend the use of their own gear and get a taste of the Arc’teryx manufacturing experience.”
The ReBird Service Center and Broadway Store will open to the public on Saturday, November 6, 2021 with a Grand Opening & Celebrations from 11am–7pm EST with DJs, live music, refreshments, t-shirt screen printing and raffle prizes. The first 100 guests to attend will also receive a special gift. A series of ReBird Service Center Community Events follow.
Arc’teryx Broadway Store, NY – Technical Details:
- Hybrid retail and ReBird Service Center
- Over 8,000 square feet (4,000 square foot retail floor, 4,000 square foot back of house)
- 24th retail store in the United States
- Sixth Arc’teryx store in New York
- Address: 547 Broadway, New York, NY 10012, USA
This marks the first-ever ReBird Service Center to open in a retail store. Arc’teryx plans to open more in Canada and elsewhere in the US in 2022.
ReBirdTM is an organization-wide commitment to shift away from a take-make-waste economy by continuously seeking to adopt and evolve a circular way of operating. It also contributes to the brand’s Science-Based Targets to reduce greenhouse gas emissions intensity by 65% by 2030.
Arc’teryx is a Canadian company based in the Coast Mountains. Our design process is connected to the real world, focused on delivering durable, unrivaled performance. Our products are distributed through more than 2,400 retail locations worldwide, including over 115 branded stores. We are problem solvers, always evolving and searching for a better way to deliver resolved, minimalist designs. Good design that matters makes lives better.