Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Boulder, Colo. (For Immediate Release): Avid4 Adventure is committed to supporting increased Justice, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion in the outdoor industry and in outdoor adventure programming.
As part of the most recent federal Covid-19 relief package, the State of Oregon just awarded Avid4 Adventure (and all summer camps in Oregon) with some grant funding. They have decided to use a significant portion of that funding on SCHOLARSHIPS in order to give back and to further support increased equity and access in the outdoors.
Avid4 Adventure is giving away $25,000 in tuition for their Oregon Expeditions to kids who identify as Black, Indigenous, or People of Color.
They are accepting applications now, and they will be giving these scholarships to families on a rolling basis. So, families should apply asap. Here are the details:
- These scholarships are for kids who identify as Black, Indigenous, or People of Color.
- Depending on the individual family situation, Avid4 will be giving 100% scholarships or 50% scholarships. They will be giving out an equal number of 100% and 50% awards.
- These scholarships are for kids to attend Avid4 Oregon Expedition camps:
- 5 night camping trips that begin and end in Portland.
- Run weekly through the summer.
- For kids entering 5th-9th grades.
- Families will be able to submit their preferences for dates.
- Here are all of the details on Avid4’s Oregon Camping Expeditions.
To apply for this scholarship – COMPLETE THIS 5-10 MINUTE APPLICATION.
Avid4 Adventure was founded in 2004 in Boulder, CO. Currently, they operate in Colorado, California, and Oregon.
Avid4 CEO Paul Dreyer: “As a national brand, it is important for us to be a part of national conversations, including those about racial and ethic inequities and injustices. We believe in the power of the outdoors, and we believe that helping get more kids from marginalized communities into the outdoors can help create larger and lasting positive change.”
To see other ways that Avid4 is working to actively increase diversity and improve equity please visit their Inclusivity page.
Again, to apply for this scholarship – COMPLETE THIS 5-10 MINUTE APPLICATION.
For interviews, images, or other media requests:
David Criswell, Director of Marketing
720-249-2412 ext 159
About Avid4 Adventure:
Founded in 2004 by outdoor industry veteran David Secunda, Avid4 Adventure offers summer day camps, overnight camps, expeditions, and programs with schools that empower kids to choose active, healthy lifestyles in the outdoors and build skills that translate to every aspect of their lives. Learn more at www.avid4.com.