Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Hood River, Oregon (September 22, 2014) – TREW, a manufacturer of style-inspired, technical backcountry and freeride outerwear and apparel, announces the launch of the TREW Tour 2014-2015. Last year, TREW renovated their 35-foot, Class-A motorhome, outfitted it as afull-onmobile store and toured the country. This innovation at retail earned TREW the Outdoor Industry Association’s “Reinvent Retail Innovation” award for 2013-14. “Ruth,” the TREW RV, will once again hit the road to spread the TREWth to old and new customers this fall and winter.
The mobile store pays tribute to TREW’s brand history. In 2008 in the first RV “HaRVey”, TREW set out to show the world that technical outerwear and apparel could be done differently. Seven years later, another TREW Tour officially launched from Doug’s Sports in Hood River, Oregon on September 12th, 2014. The #TREWTOUR will cover most of the USA, with stops planned in the Pacific Northwest, California, the Rocky Mountains, the Midwest, and New England. Partners like Honey Stinger, Deschutes Brewery, Skeena Heliskiing and VOKE TAB are bringing extra buzz to the 2014-15 TREW Tour.
“The mobile store showcases all of our new and flagship products,” said Tripp Frey, TREW president. “The goal again this year is to support our dealers and share the best of the brand with our customers.”
Like last year, the TREW Tour 2014-2015 has three goals:
1. Support Dealers! The mobile store will spend 2-5 days at key retailers throughout the fall and winter. When camped out at dealer locations, ALL SALES will run through the store, even if the store does not have a particular garment in stock. It’s a win-win for dealers:
- Shops partake in a portion of all sales.
- Dealer’s staff is educated and fired up – An educated staff can make a big difference for a growing brand like TREW.
- Great brand exposure for dealers. “Ruth” gets noticed wherever she goes.
2. Generate TREW brand awareness by simply being visible in core communities around the USA. The physical presence of the RV combined with targeted local media coverage will allow TREW to introduce the brand and product to new people every day.
3. Create an exceptional experience for TREW customers in non-dealer locations and at non-dealer events. The mobile store will have a presence at key industry events such as Teton Gravity Research “Almost Ablaze” movie premieres and will set up shop in major metropolitan areas, such as San Francisco, Denver, and Seattle.
Watch for updates to the RV’s whereabouts here and on TREW’s Facebook page and Twitter handle. To meet the Tour Manager Scott, please visit our blog.
Partnerships on the TREW Tour
New this year, the TREW Tour is partnering with Honey Stinger to keep customers energized. Located in Steamboat Springs, Colorado, Honey Stinger makes nutritious and great tasting honey-based foods including energy bars, protein bars, energy gels, organic waffles, organic chews, kids specific snacks and their very own Organic Wildflower Honey. Fueling more than just the country’s top cyclists, runners, triathletes and teams, Honey Stinger products may be found at specialty sporting goods retailers, natural food grocers, honeystinger.com, and on board “Ruth” during the TREW Tour. To learn more, please visit: http://www.honeystinger.com/
The TREW Tour is also partnering with SKEENA Heliskiing to offer TREW customers the opportunity to enter a raffle and win a FREE week of yurt-based heliskiing with any purchase over $100 at any TREW tour stop from now until mid-January. The fine print: To be eligible for the raffle, one must provide valid email address and the winner will be responsible for their travel to and from the heli operation near Smithers, British Columbia, Canada. The week of heliskiing will be offered in February 2015 (exact dates TBD).
Visit Skeena athttp://www.skeenaheliskiing.com/
TREW is partnering with Bend, OR-based Deschutes Brewery, for the second year in a row, to provide customers with some of the Northwest’s finest brews. The TREW TOUR will bring delicious Deschutes beers to cities and towns across the USA to provide local ski and snowboard enthusiasts with an authentic taste of the Oregonian outdoor lifestyle. To learn more, please visit: http://www.deschutesbrewery.com/
Another new partnership for this year’s TREW Tour is VOKE TAB. Created by a competitive skier who enjoyed the effects of coffee, but was looking to make a spill-proof alternative to bring on the mountain, VOKE TABS use a combination of Acerola Cherry, Guarana Berry Seed and Green Tea Leaf Caffeine to produce a vitalizing energy lift without the high sugar content, vitamin overload, and artificial ingredients of many energy products. To learn more, please visit: http://www.voketab.com/
For more information about the TREW brand and its products, please contact:
Erin Brosterhous, Inside Out PR