Burton rolls out full line of temperature regulation products
Outlast Technologies, Inc., the leader in temperature regulating technology, announces that Burton Snowboards is expanding its Outlast® offering from traditional boot linings to a full range of innovative apparel for the 2007 Burton collection.
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Outlast Technologies, Inc., the leader in temperature regulating technology, announces that Burton Snowboards is expanding its OutlastÂ® offering from traditional boot linings to a full range of innovative apparel for the 2007 Burton collection.
Burton, the world’s leading snowboard company, has introduced 2007 outerwear (jacket and pants), base layers (shirts and pants) and socks that feature OutlastÂ® technology to regulate body temperature. â€œBurton customers are the real winners here,â€ says Pat Gruber, President and CEO of Outlast Technologies. â€œThis new line of apparel offers the added comfort that consumers want. OutlastÂ® technology keeps you more comfortable when you’re riding by buffering temperature swings. It absorbs heat when you create too much, then releases it when you start to cool down on the lift â€“ so you can ride longer.â€
In addition, Burton uses OutlastÂ® technology throughout its snowboard boot line to offer riders the most comfortable boots on the hill. Outlast temperature-buffering boot linings are available in many of the popular high performance models worn by the world’s best riders including Olympic medalists Shaun White (Shaun White), Ross Powers (Ion), and Kelly Clark (Supreme).
HOW DOES OUTLASTÂ® TECHNOLOGY WORK?
Products equipped with OutlastÂ® phase-change material (PCM) balance temperature fluctuations. OutlastÂ® technology is special, patented formulations of ThermoculesTM or microencapsulated phase-change materials that are applied to fibers, fabrics and coatings. These ThermoculesTM continuously absorb excess body heat and release it to maintain a more constant body temperature.
SOME HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE 2007 BURTON COLLECTION WITH OUTLAST:
OutlastÂ® Tech Jacket: Ultimate Climate Control Adapts To Your Inner Environment
– ALSâ„¢ Lining with OUTLASTÂ® Technology, Regulates Body Temperature by Absorbing and Releasing Heat
– Storm-lite 3.0-E Fabric (10,000MM, 5,000G)
– Fully Taped Seams, Removable Exo-Contourâ„¢ Hood
– Crossflow Ventingâ„¢, Mesh-Lined Pit Zipsâ„¢
– Custom Sound Pocket with Retractable Ear Buds
– Sizes: Men’s S, M, L, XL
– Suggested Price: $239.95
2L Vent Pant: Unparalleled All-Weather Warmth
– OUTLASTÂ® Lining System, Regulates Body Temperature by Absorbing and Releasing Heat
– GORE-TEX 2-Layer Fabric
– Fully Taped Seams, Waterproof Zippers
– Sizes: Women’s XS, S, M, L
– Suggested Price: $249.95
Limited Wool Top & Pant
– 54% Wool, 46% OUTLASTÂ® Acrylic, Regulates Body Temperature by Absorbing and Releasing Excess Heat
– Two-way stretch
– Flatlock seams
– 1/4 zip
– Suggested price: $89.95 shirt, $79.95 pant
Outlast Midweight Top & Pant: Smart fabric that adapts to your inner environment
– Double-Knit, Closed Cell Mesh Fabric with OUTLASTÂ® technology Lining, Regulates Body Temperature by Absorbing and Releasing Excess Heat
– Highly Breathable for Ultimate Moisture Transport
– Men’s Sizes: S, M, L, XL (also available in women’s sizes)
– Suggested Price: $39.95
SL-9 Boot: The Definitive, High-Performance Masterpiece
– Imprintâ„¢ 4 Liner with PU Energy Panels, OUTLASTÂ® Temperature Regulation Technology and Aegisâ„¢ Antimicrobial Coating
– Molded EVA Footbed with ESS Support Shank, OUTLASTÂ® Temperature Regulation Technology and Aegisâ„¢
– NEW Ultra-light Airframeâ„¢ Heel Cushioning System
– NEW Speed Zoneâ„¢ Lacing System for True Zonal Control
– NEW Ultra-light Shell with Powershellâ„¢ Reinforcement Panels
– NEW Thin Profile 30Â® Molded Tongue
– Men’s Sizes: Available in half sizes from 7-12, and size 13
– Suggested Price: $449.95
Phase Sock: As Tech As A Sock Can Get
– 50% OUTLASTÂ®, 25% Acrylic, 20% Nylon, 5% Spandex
– OUTLASTÂ® Technology, Regulates Body Temperature by Absorbing and Releasing Heat
– Elastic Arch and Ankle Supports, No-Irritation Toe Seam, Lightweight
– Men’s Sizes: S, M, L
– Suggested Price: $24.95
ABOUT OUTLAST TECHNOLOGIES, INC.
Outlast Technologies, Inc., a privately held U.S. corporation, is the worldwide pioneer in developing phase-change materials and applications. As an innovative technology company, Outlast has launched temperature-regulating technology in apparel, footwear, bedding, packaging and labels, and accessories. Originally developed for NASA, OutlastÂ® fibers, fabrics and coatings contain patented microencapsulated phase-change materials called ThermoculesTM, which store, absorb and release heat, providing increased comfort for consumers. For more information visit www.outlast.com.
In 1977, Jake Burton Carpenter founded Burton Snowboards out of his Vermont barn. Since then, Burton has fueled the growth of snowboarding worldwide through its groundbreaking product lines, its grassroots efforts to get the sport accepted at resorts and its team of top snowboarders. In 1996, Burton began growing its family of brands to include board sports equipment and apparel brands. Privately held and owned by Jake, Burton’s headquarters are in Burlington, Vermont with international offices in Innsbruck, Austria and Tokyo, Japan. For more information, visit www.burton.com.
Images available by request.
Outlast Contacts: Robin Ashmore or Annie Coghill – AmÃ©lie Company 303.832.2700
Heather Listoe – Outlast Technologies, Inc. 303.381.2106
Burton Contact: Caroline Andrew – Mfa Public Relations, 212.528.1691