SAN FRANCISCO, Calif – January 18, 2018
CamelBak Pursuit Series (www.pursuitseries.co) is back for 2018 in three incredible new locations; Reveille Peak Ranch, TX: April 27th – 29th, Hunter Mountain, NY: June 29th – July 1st and Bear Valley, Northern California: August 10 – 12th. Designed as an “Outdoors Adventure Camp for Grown-Ups’, the kid in all of us is sure to appreciate the endless activities and community experiences but instead of camp counselors, expert guides and pro athletes will be leading the charge. The all-inclusive nature means that complimentary meals, nightly socials, open bars, fire pits, and live music, plus all expert instruction, classes, and gear for activities round out the experience.
Perfect for solo adventurers, friend groups, couples or families (ages 14+), CamelBak Pursuit Series 1 to 3-day retreat-style experiences encourage reconnection to nature, adventure, community and confidence in the outdoors, capped off with rustic camping (BYOT – Bring Your Own Tent) or elevated Glamping (with Under Canvas) accommodations. Early bird tickets start at just $399 for 3-days of immersive outdoors recreation!
To facilitate Pursuit Series’ diverse offering of activities, welcoming beginners through advanced enthusiasts, and emphasis on trying something new, leading specialty retailer Backcountry will have a strong and integral presence at Pursuit Series. Their team of gear and activity experts, Gearheads, will be on the ground to offer educated advice and support for all activities, and Gearheads can assist in future outdoors adventures, providing ongoing support and gear advice at Backcountry.com, with the click of a button! Title sponsor CamelBak will not only be providing innovative hydration packs and vessels for Pursuers, but also hydration stations around the site and a comfortable relaxation lounge.
Featured Brand Partners and activities on offer for all Pursuers to enjoy:
● Trek Bikes, inspired by community, enchanted by the freedom of the open road and committed, always, to creating the world’s greatest bicycles. Trek will be leading “Intro to Mountain Biking” and “Riding the Obstacles on Single Track Trails” classes, featuring their world-renowned bikes.
● Outdoor brand Merrell believes that nothing should get in the way of enjoying active outdoor adventures. Run. Jump. Jog. Trip on a root and skin your knee. Just make sure you do your own thing. As the official Hiking and Running Shoe you will find Merrell leading educational and inspirational “Runs and Running Clinics” throughout the weekend.
● Fly-fishing experts, based in Boulder, CO, Tenkara USA introduced tenkara, the simple Japanese method of fly-fishing, to the US in 2009 and became the first company to introduce the method outside of Japan. Tenkara USA produces the rods, lines and flies used in tenkara and will be teaching Pursuers in TX and CA how to take up fly-fishing in a simple way at their “Intro to Fly Fishing” classes.
● Proudly made in the USA since 1905, Wigwam has been creating high performance socks and gear to enhance the lives of their customers. At Pursuit Series, Wigwam will be leading the popular “Intro to Trail Hiking”, “Moderate Trail Hike”, and “Strenuous Trail Hike”, with an emphasis on immersion in nature, and choosing the right socks for your adventure.
● Jimmy Styks, purveyors of water-based leisure, are offering a slew of incredible Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP) Classes for every type of outdoors-person, including; “Intro to SUP”, “SUP Camping” (on land class), “SUP Fishing”, “Paddle Strokes”, “SUP Yoga” and “Twilight SUP.”
● Hammock Villages, places around Pursuit Series to relax, recuperate and socialize, will be provided by ENO Hammocks, who will also be running classes on “Hammock Camping” and “Hammock Yoga”.
● Sufferfest Beer, award-winning functional craft beer based in San Francisco and formulated specifically for athletes, will be offering their tasty brews at daily Happy Hours and holding educational tasting experiences entitled; “What’s In Your Beer?” Sufferfest Beer Founder & CEO Caitlin Landesberg says “hell yes!” to beer with benefits (and sans gluten), and invites Pursuers to taste their new favorite health drink at this educational beer session.
● Camp Chef, a better way to cook outdoors, whether in the backcountry or the backyard, is bringing the heat to Pursuit, and providing numerous delicious cooking classes in the way of 3 “Outdoor Cooking Classes” a day and s’mores for the evening campfires.
● As the exclusive wine partner for The Pursuit Series, Kenwood Vineyards will encourage outdoor enthusiasts to gather around the campfire to share stories and a glass of wine after a long day of adventure. Established in 1970, Kenwood Vineyards helped pioneer premium winemaking in the Sonoma region and continues to be influenced by the wild, rugged land when crafting wines today.
● Tito’s Handmade Vodka is designed to be savored by spirit connoisseurs and everyday drinkers alike. Tito’s will be leading “Mixology Classes” for the Outdoors enthusiast, and also serving up their specialties from 5pm each day, and into the hours.
● Under Canvas is a boutique GLAMPing accommodation option, offering spacious and glamorous canvas tents and bedding to upgrade your experience.
● Rinse Bath & Body, wellness and body product partner, will be teaching the benefits of handcrafted fresh and natural bath and body products, from soaps and lotions to essential oils and deodorants, in their 3 classes; “Tired Feet Take a Hike”, “Essential Essential Oils for the Outdoors” and “Step into the Natural (transitioning to Natural Bath & Body products)”.
● The ultimate destination for yoga pose how-tos, practice videos, meditation tricks, healthy lifestyle tips and more, Yoga Journal will be offering “Yoga Classes” and providing passionate and experienced yoga teachers for the events.
● GU Energy Labs is dedicated to fueling athletes and will be offering a “GU for It: Optimized Fueling for Outdoor Adventures” class at Pursuit Series. Confused about calorie needs? Bonking on big days? Join GU and dial in your nutrition for outdoor pursuits!
● “Wake Up & Kick Ass” with Kicking Horse Coffee from 6 am – 10 am. Enjoy daily coffee tasting sessions, caffeinated treats, and learn how to make the perfect French Press. Canada’s #1 selling whole bean coffee is 100% Organic Fairtrade, using bold, beautiful, bring-it-on beans roasted right in the Canadian Rocky Mountains.
● Energy provider Red Bull will be available to help give you wings to enjoy the Pursuit experience to the max.
● Kite Hill began with a vision for a plant-based food that would have all the qualities we relish in the best artisan dairy cheeses. They believe the best part of eating is the togetherness of a shared meal, and wanted to create products that everyone can enjoy, whether eating a dairy-free diet or just curious about a healthier lifestyle. Kite Hill will be on-site serving almond milk based Greek and European style yogurts as well as Cream Cheese style spreads for breakfast and some special treats for the afternoon Happy Hours.
● Brew Dr. Kombucha is providing delicious, 100% raw, Organic Kombucha to all Pursuers throughout the event, and will be running “Kombucha Herbs and Botanicals” classes, going behind the scenes of their most popular flavors. Brew Dr.’s attention to the quality at the beginning of the process means they don’t need to add any juices or flavoring after fermentation, making Brew Dr. a truly organic and 100% raw kombucha with the most naturally occurring probiotics possible.
● Pacific Overlander is a San Francisco based overland vehicle and equipment rental service providing you with fully-outfitted, adventure-ready 4x4s. All vehicles are equipped with roof top tents and all the needed camping equipment, allowing you to venture into the wilds safely and comfortably and they will be hosting guests in their fully equipped SUV.
● Inergy Solar, the makers of the most compact, lightweight and portable smart energy storage systems in the industry, is the exclusive Energy Partner of the 2018 Pursuit Series events. Inergy’s portable solar generators will provide clean and renewable power for the Pursuit events in 2018.
● Founded in 1971, California Trout is a non-profit conservation and advocacy organization whose mission is to ensure resilient, wild fish thriving in healthy waters for a better California. CalTrout will be assisting Tenkara USA with their fly fishing classes.
In addition to these incredible brands and activities, Pursuit Series will also offer Rock Climbing, Backpacking, Camping Basics and Wilderness Survival, along with numerous other pursuits; water, land and mountain-based.
CamelBak Pursuit Series Locations and Dates for 2018:
Reveille Peak Ranch, TX: April 27 – 29
Hunter Mountain, NY: June 29 – July 1
Bear Valley, Northern California: August 10 – 12
The three upcoming events in the Pursuit Series have an all-inclusive construct, with one and three-day passes available, offering camping (BYO Tent) and glamping (Tent/Tipi provided) accommodation packages which also include all food, beverages, sports and adventure experiences, gear, expert instruction, musical performances and a gift bag of premiere outdoors goodies from CamelBak Pursuit Series brand partners.
Inclusive and immersive, this new summit of exploration, community and unforgettable activities is brought to you by The Outbound Collective (www.theoutbound.com), the world’s fastest growing online outdoor and travel community, and CamelBak (www.camelbak.com), an outdoor industry leader and pioneer of hand-free of hydration. More information and the full schedule for the three locations can be found online at http://www.pursuitseries.co.
Tickets can be purchased at http://www.pursuitseries.co
Hashtags: #EveryoneOutside #CamelBakPursuitSeries
Media Contact: Jess Smith, OutsidePR, Jess@Outsidepr.com, 415.565.9530
About The CamelBak Pursuit Series: The Outbound Collective’s CamelBak Pursuit Series is an event that celebrates the outdoors with action-packed weekend getaways in beautiful places. CamelBak Pursuit embraces people from all backgrounds to share in an unforgettable experience that each Pursuer can custom-tailor with activities and educational topics that range from mountain biking to kayaking to introductory seminars on photography or outdoor cooking. Participants choose from a vast number of choices and enjoy a premium experience with professional educators and the best gear.