Press Releases

Canada Goose Wins Polartec® 2010 North American APEX Design Award


(TORONTO, Canada) — Canada Goose, the premier global brand of Canadian-made, down insulated outerwear for extreme climates, has earned a coveted Polartec® North American APEX Design Award for 2010 for its Tremblant Pullover. The Tremblant Pullover is only one part of Canada Goose’s entry into the soft shell market, which is new for 2010 and grew out of its industry leading HyBridge program that utilizes proprietary Thermal Mappingâ„¢ technology.

Canada Goose’s soft shell category uses a Polartec® Power Shield O2 shell fabric that blocks out 96 percent of the wind, while allowing the remaining 4 percent to circulate through the fabric. The Tremblant Pullover for men and women is ideal for outdoor winter aerobic activities, including skiing, snowshoeing, hiking and general outdoor fun on days when a down jacket is not yet suitable.

“This award means a great deal to everyone here at Canada Goose, as we take great pride in the design of each product and innovation is paramount,” said Dani Reiss, CEO of Canada Goose. “For more than 50 years, Canada Goose has been using only the highest quality of fabrications and technologies, and Polartec® is no exception.”

The prestigious APEX Design Award goes to the best-of-the-best Polartec® based garments that will be available to consumers in fall 2010. Winners are selected based on the style, function and fit of the garment, as well as the most innovative and appropriate uses of Polartec® fabrics in the designs.

“Canada Goose’s Tremblant Pullover is no doubt a worthy recipient of the Apex, said Nate Simmons, global director of marketing at Polartec. “Combining Canada Goose’s iconic design features such as reflective accents, utilitarian functionality and its use of Polartec Power Shield O2 make it an ideal combination of weather protection and breathability along with great style.”
Along with the honor of achieving the Apex Design Award, Canada Goose will receive a Tiffany crystal award and will be able to participate in a custom hangtag program promoting these products at the consumer level. The Tremblant Pullover will be featured at the Canada Goose booth (#9004) and the Polartec® booth (#36059) at the 2010 Outdoor Retailer Summer Market along with the other winners of the award.

About Polartec, LLC
Polartec, LLC is the developer, manufacturer, and marketer of Polartec® performance fabrics. Polartec® products range from lightweight wicking base layers, to insulation layers, to extreme weather protection and are utilized by the best clothing brands in the world. For more information, visit

About Canada Goose
For over 50 years, Canada Goose has been committed to producing the best extreme weather outerwear in the world; proudly made in Canada. From the South Pole research facilities and the Canadian High Arctic, to the streets of New York City, Stockholm, Milan, Toronto and Tokyo, people wear Canada Goose products because of its reputation for authenticity, best quality, functionality and iconic style. Canada Goose supports Polar Bears International as well as a number of charitable organizations and outdoor venues that provide commitment to Arctic stewardship and the environment. Ask Anyone Who Knows.

Visit for more information on Canada Goose.