Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
(Sept 18th — Crested Butte, CO) – Crested Butte Film Festival, the award-winning international film festival taking place September 26 – 29 in Crested Butte, CO, is pleased to announce Stio® as a 2019 festival sponsor. Stio® was founded to inspire connection with the outdoors through beautiful, functional, and innovative products infused with the soul of mountain lifestyle. Stio® joins a roster of other premium outdoor brands, including YETI and First Ascent Coffee Roasters, as a CBFF Premiere Sponsor.
CBFF’s mission is to inspire, awaken, and activate through a fun and intimate setting of quality films, stimulating discussions, and authentic connections. This year’s line-up of films includes a wide variety of award-winning films spanning the genres of narrative, documentary, children’s, and short films, along with exciting line-up of short outdoor adventure films. CBFF attendees will be feeling the stoke with two programs of these outdoor adventure films from around the world:
Sunday Sept 29th (Outdoor Adventure Program 1):
- NEAR MISS (d. Josh Berry, Ron Elliott; USA, 2018, 12 mins)
- THE WEIGHT OF WATER (d. Michael Brown; USA, 2018, 78 mins)
- WATER 2 (d. Morgan Maassen; USA, 2019, 5 mins)
Friday Sept 27th (Outdoor Adventure Program 2):
- (PEOPLE) OF WATER (d. Forest Woodward; USA, 2019, 22 mins)
- A GRAND JOURNEY (d. Amon Barker; USA, 2019, 15 mins)
- BROTHERHOOD OF SKIING (d. Tyler Wilkinson-Ray, Colin Arisman; USA, 2018, 10 mins)
- CHASING MONSTERS (d. Krystle Wright, Toby Pike; Australia, 2018, 5 mins)
- CHU BIEN (d. Kaare Iverson, Dan Holz; USA, 2019, 8 mins)
- SKI PHOTOGRAPHER (d. Frank Pickell; Switzerland, 2018, 9 mins)
- THE MENTOR (d. Dan Holz, Paul Lebel; USA, 2019, 12 mins)
- WHERE THE WILD THINGS KEEP PLAYING (d. Krystle Wright; USA, 2019, 5 mins)
Additionally, CBFF will be showing a variety of outdoor and environmentally-centric films in the documentary and narrative categories, including:
- INTO THE CANYON (d. Pete McBride; USA, 2019, 84 mins)
- GRIZZLY COUNTRY (d. Ben Moon; USA, 2018, 12 mins)
- TREELINE (d. Jordan Manley; USA, 2018, 40 mins)
- BARE EXISTENCE (d. Max Lowe; USA, 2019, 19 mins)
- NEAR MISS (d. Josh Berry Ron Elliott; USA, 2018, 12 mins)
- ON A WING AND A PRAYER (d. Dominic Gil; USA, 2019, 10 mins)
- LIFE OF PIE (d. Ben Knight, Travis Rummel; USA, 2019, 12 mins)
- BROKEN (d. Simon Perkins; USA, 2019, 7 mins)
As part of its festival sponsorship, Stio® is co-hosting a pre-festival giveaway with YETI, hooking up one lucky winner with an all-access CBFF festival pass along with YETI & Stio® swag. Both brands will be integrated into various events through out the 4-day festival.
“We’re excited to be a part of the Crested Butte Film Festival and share in the passion, inspiration, and stories of the mountain life,” says Liz Barrett, Brand Director of Stio®. “Whether it’s in Crested Butte or Jackson Hole, the mountains foster inspiring tales and CBFF brings us together to celebrate these passions, the mountain life, and stories of the universal human experience. At Stio, we believe in inspiring connection with nature in the everyday and I couldn’t think of a more appropriate venue for us to partner with in that mission.”
Adds Jennifer Brody, CBFF’s Director: “We’re so excited to welcome Stio® as a CBFF sponsor and deeply admire what the company stands for. The Stio® brand aligns so well with CBFF’s mission, and we’re honored to be working with them. This year’s CBFF is going to be brilliant, powerful, and unforgettable four days.”
Recently named one of the 25 Coolest Film Festivals in the World by Movie Maker Magazine, CBFF is bringing to town dozens of visiting filmmakers, writers, producers, and actors who will be an integral part of the festivities. Additional programming sprinkled throughout CBFF includes filmmaker talks, panel discussions, lively parties, and engaging “Beyond the Screen” experiences. Tickets to CBFF are $15 for individual films, $85 for a 6-pack punch card, and passes for the whole 4-day event start at $250. For more information, please visit Crested Butte Film Festival http://cbfilmfest.org/.
About Crested Butte Film Festival
Established in 2011, Crested Butte Film Festival is an international film festival that inspires, awakens, and activates through a fun and intimate setting of quality screenings, stimulating discussions, and authentic connections. The four-day experience encompasses walkable venues and the screening of over 100 films spanning the genres of narrative, documentary, outdoor adventure, children’s, and short films. Additional programming at CBFF includes filmmaker talks, panel discussions, lively parties, and engaging “Beyond the Screen” experiences. CBFF is a program of the Center for the Arts in Crested Butte. To learn more, please visit http://cbfilmfest.org.
Headquartered in the heart of the Tetons in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Stio® was founded to inspire connection with the outdoors through beautiful, functional, and innovative products infused with the soul of mountain lifestyle. Stio’s “mountain town style meets backcountry performance” product is sold via Stio Mountain Studio™ retail stores, Stio® catalogs and the Stio® website. www.stio.com
Jennifer Brody, CBFF Festival Director: email@example.com
Michael Brody, CBFF Artistic and Programming Director: firstname.lastname@example.org
Maria Hennessey, CBFF PR/Media Contact: email@example.com