Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Northfield, Vt. – Darn Tough Vermont, the American manufacturer of the fastest growing collection of performance outdoor and lifestyle socks, proudly announces 2015 annual earnings have increased by 52 percent year-over-year. Equally significant, Darn Tough has been able to match explosive consumer demand through investments in resources – both people and infrastructure.
“Celebrating our successes in 2015 and ensuring the brand is positioned for continued expansion in the new year and beyond is definitely a priority. We’re extremely fortunate to have very strong partners across multiple points of distribution and a passionate, dedicated internal team to support them,” said Ric Cabot, Darn Tough Vermont President and CEO. “Our continued growth has allowed us to invest in our team, our partners, and our community.”
Over the course of 2015, Darn Tough has achieved several major milestones including:
- Launch of the Vertex Running Series, a performance sock collection designed and created with serious runners in mind.
- Addition of 80 new state-of-the-art seamless knitting machines which means all of Darn Tough Vermont’s machines are ready to manufacture True Seamless™ socks*.
- Hiring 113 new employees, bringing total Darn Tough workforce to 235, which is great news for Vermont and the town of Northfield, the Sock Capital of the World.
- Creation of a new packaging system that makes it easy for customers to find exactly the sock they’re looking for and features a bold color-coded system that pops off any in-store display.
- Continued support for Special Olympics, Blue Cross Blue Shield, and Big Brothers/Big Sisters through Darn Tough’s community outreach initiatives.
* True Seamless™ is Darn Tough’s proprietary knitting technique that creates an undetectable toe seam.
About Darn Tough Vermont:
Darn Tough Vermont is an American manufacturer of premium, all-weather outdoor and lifestyle socks for every activity and every day. The company offers both Specialty and Tactical product lines. Darn Tough Vermont’s Specialty line offers footwear in six active wear categories including Ski/Ride, Hike/Trek, Run/Bike, Lifestyle, Hunt, Work and Kid’s styles – all of which carry the industry’s only unconditional lifetime guarantee.
Darn Tough’s product is distinguished from industry competitors by 100 percent USA manufacturing; exceptional comfort, durability and fit; True-Seamless™ technology; and an exclusive blend of either ultra-fine, premium Merino wool or Coolmax®/Thermolite®. Founded by Ric Cabot in 2004, a third-generation sock maker, Darn Tough Vermont operates out of Cabot Hosiery Mills, headquartered in Northfield, Vermont. For more information about Darn Tough Vermont socks, please visit: www.DarnTough.com.
# # #