Drift Innovation Steps it up with New Accessories and Firmware Upgrade
As manufacturers of the hottest new wearable action sports cameras, Drift Innovation continues to be the cutting edge of the market’s technology with the introduction of a new line of accessories and a firmware upgrade.
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Boyne City, Mich., (Oct. 18, 2011) – Drift, makers of the market’s most innovative point of view cameras, is excited to announce the release of several new accessories and a firmware upgrade to accompany the recent release of the Drift HD. The new compact, durable, easy-to-use camera elevates the point of view camera market to a higher level with the most feature-rich, multi-functional helmet camera available to date. To view the new camera in action, please visit, http://driftinnovation.com/drift-hd-action-camera/
Drift Innovation is now offering eight more accessories, each sold separately, including:
- Picatinny Rail Mount – Designed specifically for the standard Picatinny rail; MIL-STD-1913 rail; STANAG 2324 rail or tactical rail for firearms.
- Drift HD 2.5mm Microphone – A condenser microphone specifically made for the Drift HD.
- Drift HD 2.5mm to 3.5mm Extension Cable – The cable connects into the Drift HD microphone socket to convert the Drift HD 2.5mm connector into a standard 3.5mm connector. The cable is 1m long.
- Drift Video Patch Cable – Allows you to connect your aviation or in-car intercom to your HD, thereby allowing you to capture your intercom audio directly onto your Drift video. The video patch cable ends in a 3.5mm connector.
- Drift HD Waterproof Case – Protects the Drift HD in submersions up to 30m while still allowing the user to interact with the camera and access all menu functions available without the waterproof case.
- Drift HD Carry Case – A great option for storing the Drift HD. It has space for a remote control, spare battery, memory cards and USB or micro-HDMI cable.
- Drift HD Micro-HDMI Cable – Connects the Drift HD to a HDMI socket on a television for direct TV playback or live viewing of the camera lens.
- Drift HD LED Cable – A one-meter LED cable connects to the rear of the camera, and ensures the user can see if the camera is on or off, even when the camera is out off sight. The LED emits an Ultra Red color that has two distinctive levels of brightness. A less intense lighting to indicate the camera is on, and then a very intense lighting to indicate the camera is in record mode.
Every accessory is compatible with the new Drift HD, which also features an LCD screen, replaceable lens, wireless remote control, and 25% smaller housing than its predecessor. For a full list of the accessories and details, please visit, http://www.driftinnovation.com/accessories.
Unleashing the ultimate potential of the HD, Drift is also releasing a firmware upgrade. The new firmware was created for all current HD owners and will automatically be integrated into all production models as of Oct. 15. To upgrade your current HD with the latest 1.1.8 firmware, please visit here. Although the upgrade is very self-intuitive, Drift Innovation customer service is available at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The new accessories and firmware upgrade have been made possible by the feedback of Drift users and hours of video analysis by product development. For more information about Drift Innovation, please visit: http://www.driftinnovation.com/, or follow on Facebook or Twitter.
About Drift innovation:
Drift Innovation is a wearable point- of-view camera product company offering consumers wide-angle recording capabilities to capture all their adventures and activities. Designed with smart real-life use features, it is highly recommended by the specialists in outdoor sports, motorsports, and snow sports. Drift captures the action from the every individual’s point of view and offers easy ways to share and re-live the experience with friends and family. For more information about Drift Innovation, visit www.driftinnovation.com.