Eagle Creek Introduces Innovative Luggage Collection Made with100% Post-Consumer Recycled Cordura® ECO Fabric
Collection Features NFC Technology to Connect Consumers Through Travel
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Elevating the adventure travel experience yet again, Eagle Creek has seamlessly integrated NFC technology and recycled fabrics into bags, allowing travelers to log and share the miles they cover. Combining sustainable manufacturing with the extreme durability of Cordura ECO Fabric, the new Caldera Collection is as much an experience as it is luggage.
“This is the most sustainable collection we’ve ever made—and also the most innovative.” said Roger Spatz, President of Eagle Creek. “The Caldera Collection allows consumers to connect with travel in a whole new way. One tap of a smartphone unlocks product features, lost and found capabilities, and a tracking dashboard that logs shareable info—like miles traveled and destinations visited. It’s an exciting time for the brand.”
With the tap of a phone, Eagle Creek leverages cutting edge NFC (Near Field Communication) technology from VerifiR to offer secure, personalized interactions with the bag. Users who opt-in access a dashboard that tracks their miles traveled, can activate lost and found functionality and unlock new experiences provided by Eagle Creek and its partners.
Each Caldera owner will be able to privately track their own data and share travel achievements, if desired. NFC technology will also connect consumers with interactive product and sourcing information, an interactive web experience, warranty information and social media.
Leveraging their strong relationship with Cordura®, the Caldera Collection will be the first to offer 100% post-consumer recycled Cordura in luggage, building on Eagle Creek’s legacy of luggage worthy of their No Matter What™ Warranty, and building it as sustainably as possible.
MATERIALS: 100% post-consumer recycled 610D Cordura Ripstop, 100% recycled 1200D Cordura Poly, Bayer® Polycarbonate. All main body fabrics are bluesign® approved materials, and treated with a fluorocarbon free water repellant coating (C0 DWR).
Colors: Black, Safari Green
The new Eagle Creek Caldera Collection is covered by Eagle Creek’s legendary Mo Matter What™ Warranty and will be available at retail 1/1/20.
· All main body fabrics are bluesign® approved, made with 100% post-consumer recycled fabrics, and treated with a fluorocarbon free water repellant coating (C0 DWR).
· 100% recycled Cordura provides extreme abrasion and tear resistance
· NFC chip technology provides find-your-bag capability, travel gps tracking through a smartphone, shareable content and instant product information
· PU coated water resistant zippers with reflective glove-friendly loop zipper pulls
· Zippered mesh pocket; carry-ons also feature key fob, 15” laptop sleeve and attachment toggles to secure an organizer panel
· Central Lock Point and lockable zippers allow multiple compartments to be secured to one point with a single lock
· Multiple grab handles provide versatile grab-and-go access
· Main compartment features innovative compression to secure contents
· Tuck-away side compression straps feature custom aluminum hardware
· Internal foam lining provides padding to protect contents
· Front padded zip pocket stores last-minute items
· Maximize space inside main compartment and door panel with Pack-It™ organization
· ID tag window with built in NFC chip
Caldera Wheeled Duffel 100L/30” (EC0A4P5N) MSRP $519
Caldera Wheeled Duffel 70L/26” (EC0A4P5O) MSRP $469
Caldera Wheeled Duffel International Carry-On (EC0A4P5Q) MSRP $419
Caldera 4-Wheel 100L/30” (EC0A4P5R) MSRP $569
Caldera 4-Wheel 70L/26” (EC0A4P5S) MSRP $519
Caldera 4-Wheel Carry-On (EC0A4P5T) MSRP $469
Caldera Convertible International Carry-On (EC0A4P5V) MSRP $469
Caldera Travel Pack 45L (EC0A4P5W) MSRP $249
ABOUT EAGLE CREEK
An invitation outside informs all Eagle Creek product designs, innovations and services. From versatile organizers that make travelling seamless to our durable duffels that keep the journey going, our gear and accessories make exploring the unknown possible, effortless and enriching. Eagle Creek. Find your unknown. eaglecreek.com