Easy PR Tips for Summer Success Webinar June 10
BOULDER, CO (May 26, 2009) – On Wednesday, June 10, from 2:00 p.m. through 3:00 p.m. (MDT) Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) will present Easy PR Tips for Summer Successa live Webinar workshop designed to provide retailers with the essential tactics needed to build and deepen relationships with local media, and maximize tight marketing budgets.
Presented by Drew Simmons of Pale Morning Media, Easy PR Tips for Summer Success will demonstrate how to maximize the reach of any event with a few easy basics such as:
- Crafting news releases
- Identifying appropriate media
- Delivering your news release
- Using social media such as Facebook and Twitter to build a community of store advocates
- Creating events specifically to draw the attention of media
“From store-sponsored excursions to that big summer sale, the best way to maximize crowd size is by mastering the basics of public relations, ” said Ann Obenchain, vice president of member services and marketing for OIA. “With summer fast approaching, this PR webinar is a timely and affordable resource for retailers looking for smart solutions on tight budgets,”
Easy PR Tips for Summer Success is the second of nine retail workshops in the 2009 OIA Outdoor University® program. Outdoor University is offered free to OIA members and for $99 per webinar for non members. Pre-registration is required. For complete information on the Outdoor University program, speakers or to register, visit www.outdoorindustry.org
Outdoor University 2009 Schedule
- Wednesday, May 13 Staffing for Summer: Hire Wisely, No Regrets
- Wednesday, June 10 Easy PR Tips for Summer
- Wednesday, July 8 Boost Your Sales & Staff’s Expertise with Online Training
- Wednesday, August 5 Improving Your Bottom Line
- Wednesday, September 9 Cosmically Cool Ideas for Holiday Promotions
- Wednesday, October 14 Harnessing email and e-commerce to Drive Holiday Traffic
- Wednesday, November 11 Turning Shoppers into Buyers
- Wednesday, December 9 Maintaining Margin During the Holidays
- Wednesday, January 13 Managing Consumer Buzz on Social Media
Outdoor University is made possible through the generous support of its sponsors: Outdoor Retailer, JanSport, Woolrich, 3point5.com, The Leisure Trends Group, Alien Truth Communications, Base Camp Communications, Creative Business Consulting Group, Darby Communications, Gluskin Townley Group, Pale Morning Media, The Mann Group, and Redwood Creek.
About Outdoor Industry Association
Outdoor Industry Association® (OIA) is a national trade association whose mission is to ensure the growth and success of the outdoor industry. OIA provides trade services for over 4000 manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, sales representatives and retailers in the outdoor industry. OIA programs include representation in government/legislative affairs, market and social research, business-to-business services and youth outreach initiatives. Educational events include the annual Rendezvous®, Outdoor University®, and the Capitol Summit. Outdoor Industry Association is based in Boulder, Colorado, and is the title sponsor of the Outdoor Retailer tradeshows. For more information go to www.outdoorindustry.org or call 303.444.3353.