Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Steamboat Springs, CO (September 30, 2020) – Point6, the family-owned manufacturer of superior merino wool socks, base layers and accessories, has joined with America’s foremost high-altitude mountaineer, Ed Viesturs, who will be working with Point6 as a Brand Ambassador.
“Ed has been a fan and user of Point6 socks and base layers for some time and stopped by the booth at OR”, says Point6 owner and co-founder, Peter Duke. “We had a great conversation and we’re happy to be working with him”.
Along with Point6 product designers and sourcing staff, Ed will be advising on future product, along with testing.
Ed’s accomplishments as a mountaineer are remarkable.
- He is the only American to have summited all fourteen of the world’s 8000-meter peaks without supplemental oxygen, a project that took 18 years.
- He completed the feat by summiting Annapurna, and was subsequently named Adventurer of the Year by National Geographic.
- In 1992 he received the American Alpine Club Sowles Award for his participation in two rescues on K2.
- In 2002, he received the historic Lowell Thomas Award by the Explorer’s Club for outstanding achievement in the field of mountaineering, joining an elite group of climbers including Sir Edmund Hillary.
- His achievements as an alpinist include seven summits of Mount Everest.
His meticulous planning and approach to risk management on 8000 meter peaks has evolved into a second career as a motivational speaker, emphasizing teamwork and preparation, as well as an autobiography, “No Shortcuts To The Top”.
Designed for our planet
We do just about everything differently: from fair trade practices with family farmers, to eliminating chemicals from the wool process, to donating to leading conservation groups. We take protecting our environment seriously.
Designed for you
Over 4 decades of experience has enabled us to create the most comfortable and durable socks you’ll ever wear. Guaranteed. Our goal is to make these the last socks you’ll ever need.
The best socks for you and the planet
From day 1, we set out to make the best socks on Earth. We guarantee our socks perform in any condition, last a lifetime, and adhere to the highest standards of sustainability because we invest where others don’t. Point6 socks are made right here in the U.S.A. using state of the art, sustainable technology.