SnowSports Industries America (SIA), the snow sports industry’s member-owned trade association, has released the Industry Ed line-up for the upcoming 2014 SIA Snow Show. Taking place January 30-February 2, 2014, the SIA Snow Show will be held with SIA’s Sourcing Snowat the Colorado Convention Center before the On-Snow Demo/Ski-Ride Fest at Copper Mountain Resort (Feb. 3-4).
“SIA Snow Show attendees need to include the seminars and panels in their schedule if they want to make the most of all the industry’s gathering has to offer,” said David Ingemie, SIA president. “The business insights the 2014 topics cover will seriously enrich your experience of the SIA Snow Show.”
Held onsite at the Colorado Convention Center and open to all Show attendees, SIA will present a growing list of seminar topics. For detailed information on topics, presenters, dates and times go to SIAsnowshow.com/seminars.
Mobile technology is a focus of the 2014 seminars and panel discussions along with popular topics like social media, sales, digital marketing, new snow sports technologies, e-commerce and product and business development.
“The seminars are great! Not just for the info being presented by the speakers, but the conversation that is sparked between members of the industry who are present,” said Jeremy Olsen, social media specialist for RPZN & PWDR ROOM. “The opportunity to get the insight of others within the same community is awesome.”
The typically standing-room-only seminar Stylesight’s Fall/Winter 2015 Color & Megatrends on Wednesday, January 29 at 5P and Thursday, January 30 at noon will prep attendees and exhibiting suppliers for the SIA Snow Show. Stylesight focuses on the trends driving the snow sports sector through the use of comprehensive color combinations as well as inspirational mood images and themes. Key silhouettes and design details, prints and graphics, and innovative materials will be explored, focusing on performance, surface textures and directional developments in technology.
The ever-popular SnowSports Market Overview by Category presented on Wednesday, January 29 by Kelly Davis, SIA’s research director, will give attendees a complete overview of the retail market, how it is evolving with changing consumer behavior, and predictive modeling techniques that highlight opportunities for the alpine, snowboard, apparel, accessory and backcountry categories.
“We do this seminar immediately after the December data is released. It’s the first opportunity we have to share it and talk about it, and this is the most important data of the year. Everything that follows is a trend that the December data kicks off,” Davis said.
An alphabetical listing of 2014 Snow Show seminar topics appear below (as of 10/23/13). Detailed descriptions, times, locations and presenters can be found at SIAsnowshow.com/seminars.
- Advanced Digital Marketing: How To Google Ad Words to Drive Your Business
- B.A.S.I.C.S. 3 – “Helmets Are Cool”
- Beyond Pink: Exploring messaging and ways to connect with your female consumers
- Biomechanical Proof That a Binding with a Lateral Heel Release Can Significantly Reduce ACL Injury
- Digital Marketing 101: How To Use Digital Marketing To Drive Your Business
- E-Commerce and the Future of the Snow Sports Industry
- F/W 15 Color and Megatrends
- Financing Your Growing Company
- From Concept to Completion, The Creation of a Garment
- From Zero to Snow Sports Digital Marketing Hero in 10.5 Steps
- How the Cloud Enables Snow Sports Success
- How to Impact the Snow Consumer Outside of Snow Press
- How to Leverage In-Store Inventory for Online Sales
- Increase Success with More Sales, Money, Clients and Resources
- Inspiration Through Digital Storytelling
- Made In USA – Panel discussion with ski/snowboard industry premier brands
- Making More Money with Less Marketing Dollars
- Managing and Leveraging Your Product Data
- Moms Matter – The Secret to Growing the Ski Industry
- Moving the Mountains to the Masses
- Next Level Social Engagement for 2014 – What Snow Sports Brands Need to Know
- Omni-Channel Strategy for the Small-to Mid-Size Retailer
- Private Label Products – Your opportunity for growth and increased profitability
- Retail Is Detail – Three Tweaks You Can Make To Your Business That Bring Dramatic Cash Flow
- Scaling the North Face of Design + Product Development Towards the Summit of Success
- Sensor Revolution – Merging of Electronic Sensors and Hard Goods
- Shopping Isn’t What It Used To Be
- Snow Sports Market Overview by Category
- Social Media Marketing & Promotions for the Snow Sports Industry
- The 4 Secrets to Maximizing Mobile Marketing
- The Birds and the Bees of Product Development and Intellectual Property Protection
- The State of Digital in Active Lifestyle Retail
- Utilizing Paid Search Strategies to Drive Business
- Your content plan is your new marketing plan.
- Your Customers Know More About Your Business Than You Do (When It Comes To Social Media)
The annual SIA Snow Show is where influential and visionary snow sports brands connect with leading retailers, resorts and media to unveil their latest innovations, exchange ideas and build relationships that shape the industry.
Member-owned, industry-inspired and dedicated exclusively to snow sports, the 2014 SIA Snow Show is scheduled for January 30-February 2, 2014 at the Colorado Convention Center in Denver, Colorado followed by the On-Snow Demo/Ski-Ride Fest at Colorado’s Copper Mountain Resort from February 3-4, 2014. For more information, updates, registration for the 2014 SIA Snow Show, visit SIAsnowshow.com.
For 24/7 updates on all things 2014 Snow Show, check back on SIAsnowshow.com andSIA’s Latestand follow SIA on Twitterand Facebook.We’ll be sending highlights before and during the Show to keep you in the know. Use #SIA14 to join the conversation.
– SIA –
Celebrating its 60th anniversary in 2014, SnowSports Industries America (SIA) is a non-profit member-owned trade association with a long history of working to support the snow sports industry. SIA works year-round with North American snow sports suppliers, retailers, reports, reps and service providers to develop products and programs for their individual and collective business needs. With member support and industry participation, SIA annually hosts the industry’s largest core winter sports trade show, the SIA Snow Show, along with the On-Snow Demo/Ski-Ride Fest and the Sourcing Snow supplier show. SIA also helps retailers and resorts connect with snow sports participants around the country through Snowlink.com. Learn more at Snowsports.org.