Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
The stage is set. The Denver Broncos and the Carolina Panthers are playing in Super Bowl 50 on February 7, in Santa Clara, California. Are you lucky enough to be heading to the game? Here are five essentials you should bring to the big dance in the Bay Area.
1. Reusable Water Bottle: San Francisco has been named “North America’s Greenest City” and last year the city council enacted legislation to ban the sale of the plastic water bottles. The 20oz Klean Kanteen Classic (MSRP $30.95) is perfect for travel with a leakproof cap and the double wall insulation will keep contents hot for 12 hours or iced for 24 hours. While you can’t bring bottles into the actual game, as part of the #BringYourOwn campaign, fans are encouraged to bring their own reusable water bottles to Super Bowl City and will be able to rehydrate using free water stations located throughout the venue. All 5,000 volunteers and 5,000 media personnel will be using reusable BPA free stainless steel bottles provided by Klean Kanteen.
2. Binoculars: No matter how good (or bad) your seats are, a quality pair of the binoculars can get you closer to the action on the field. The MavenB3’s ($500 and up) are some of the nicest on the market with superior low-light performance, incredible clarity and a generous depth of field. As an added bonus, you can personalize the colors of your Mavens to be either Broncos orange or Caroline blue.
3. Snacks: It’s always smart to travel with snacks and protein-packed jerky is a great choice. All natural Field Trip Jerky (MSPR $6.50) comes in delicious turkey and beef flavors and is gluten-free and preservative-free, with no added MSG. You can find Field Trip Jerky at any free-standing Starbucks in the Bay Area.
4. Battery back-up: The average Super Bowl lasts almost four hours, so a battery back-up for your phone is a good idea, especially if you’re planning to take lots of selfies. The ultra-thin and portable EnerPlex Jump Slate (MSRP $59.99) will provide at least two smartphone (iPhone or Android) charges and a built-in tether makes it easy to connect to your device.
5. Custom jacket: The long range forecast in Santa Clara for game day calls for lows in the high 40’s and a chance of rain. Be prepared for whatever the weather brings with the Eddie Bauer MicroTherm Stormdown Jacket. This layer features super high-loft 800 fill StormDown® insulation, treated with a DWR finish so it stays warm even in wet conditions. The MicroTherm is alsofully customizable so you can personalize it with your favorite team’s colors.
For more information, contact: Liz.Rovira@BackboneMedia.net