Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
(Salt Lake City, UT.) Apr. 5, 2021 – Outdoor and B Corp brand Cotopaxi today announces that its flagship community-driven adventure race event, Questival, is returning in 2021 with a new theme and new challenges in collaboration with leading footwear brand HOKA ONE ONE® and their partner organization Big City Mountaineers.
Questival, the 24-hour team adventure race event created by Cotopaxi, is back for a nation-wide edition on April 23 with an aim to raise awareness and funds for Big City Mountaineers, an organization providing free, fully-outfitted, professionally-led backcountry trips for youth from disinvested communities, as well as the importance of unity and responsible community engagement during these turbulent times.
In partnering with HOKA, this new Questival theme of “Chase the Bright Side”, is not only representative of the bold, bright colorways in the recent HOKA x Cotopaxi product collab, but also of optimism, hope and doing good, a call to action embodying the brands’ humanitarian focuses and hopes for 2021 and beyond.
The “Chase the Bright Side” Questival is open to all U.S. citizens and includes over 200 outdoor adventure challenges that fall within 5 main race categories, inspired by Cotopaxi’s original Questival series as well as collaboration brand HOKA, and exclusive retail partner REI. These themes include Time to Fly™, Do Good and #OptOutside, as well as a Wildcard category and Chase the Bright side category filled with lots of fun colorful challenges to consider.
Teams can compete from any location and are connected through the Questival App and social media channels, working towards a greater goal of community, unity, and of course, epic prizes.
- Teams of 1-6 participants complete safe and covid-responsible challenges at home, on the trail and in their local community.
- Cotopaxi provides a list of creative challenges across 5 categories, and teams race to see them through.
- HOKA is hosting pandemic-safe trail events in several markets around the US as a pre-race challenge for participants to earn extra Questival points [Sign up here].
- Challenges are registered via the Questival App and the top 5 teams scoring teams will be selected to win. Prizes are as follows for each member of the teams:
- Grand Prize Team: $300 in Cotopaxi Gear, $200 in HOKA gear and 1 REI Flexlite Chair (or similar item).
- 4 Runner-up Teams: $100 in Cotopaxi Gear and $100 in HOKA gear
- Cotopaxi reminds all participants to be aware of local COVID-19 restrictions and mandates, and to adhere to all health and safety protocols while participating in Questival. Participants are encouraged to form teams with close family or friends, or to participate “virtually”; team members can complete challenges individually and in different locations if they choose.
Questival tickets are $10 and available for purchase now at www.cotopaxi.com/questival and will stay on sale through 4/22. A portion of all ticket sales will be donated directly to Big City Mountaineers.
Cotopaxi is an outdoor gear brand and Benefit Corporation founded to fight poverty. With five storefronts, a strong ecommerce platform, and a growing retailer base of 450 dealers, Cotopaxi designs, manufactures, and sells adventure apparel and packs. The brand also raises awareness and funds for various humanitarian causes through the Cotopaxi Foundation. In 2020, Cotopaxi gave close to $1 million to nonprofit partners working to combat the negative effects of COVID-19. Cotopaxi has a goal of assisting 1 million people experiencing extreme poverty in 2021. For more information please visit https://www.cotopaxi.com.
About HOKA ONE ONE®
HOKA ONE ONE® is one of the fastest-growing performance footwear and apparel brands in history. Conceived in the mountains, HOKA footwear delivers an unprecedented combination of enhanced cushioning and support for a uniquely smooth ride. Every day, HOKA pushes the innovation and design of its footwear and apparel by teaming up with a deep roster of world champions, taste makers and everyday athletes. From finish lines to everyday life, HOKA fans love the brand for its bold and unexpected approach, and its belief in the power of humanity to create change for a better world. HOKA empowers a world of athletes to fly over the Earth. For more information, visit hokaoneone.com or follow @hokaoneone. #TimeToFly
About Deckers Brands
Deckers Brands is a global leader in designing, marketing and distributing innovative footwear, apparel and accessories developed for both everyday casual lifestyle use and high performance activities. The Company’s portfolio of brands includes UGG®, KOOLABURRA®, HOKA ONE ONE®, Teva®, and Sanuk®. Deckers Brands products are sold in more than 50 countries and territories through select department and specialty stores, Company-owned and operated retail stores, and select online stores, including Company-owned websites. Deckers Brands has over 40 years of history building niche footwear brands into lifestyle market leaders attracting millions of loyal consumers globally. For more information, please visit www.deckers.com.
Cotopaxi Media Contact: Jess Smith | Jess@OutsidePR.com | 415.565.9530
HOKA Media Contact: Gordon Wright | Gordon@OutsidePR.com | 415.786.5146