Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
As the temperature drops and the time draws near to go where the air is sweeter, the view is grander, the breeze is crisper and the noise of the crowd is quieter, Icebreaker has revealed a storm for the senses in their new Fall/Winter 2016 collection. Innovative new styles invite you into a hushed world of soft layers, catch your eye with considered patterns, prints and colours and provide tactile thrills with a combination of fabrics, knits and weaves.
Icebreaker, the pioneering New Zealand brand that introduced merino wool apparel to the outdoor industry, presents its most inspiring Fall/Winter collection yet with a number of key innovations that will see outdoor enthusiasts not only looking great, but staying warmer and drier thanks to the unique and luxurious properties of merino wool.
“I have to say, this is probably the most exciting season I’ve been involved in to date,” says Mark Koppes, Icebreaker VP of Product. “It truly is a storm for the senses that I think will excite not only Icebreaker enthusiasts but anyone looking to enjoy the wonder of the outdoors in winter time. The versatility and durability that merino offers has allowed us to push the boundaries of natural performance like never before and I’m so proud of the results. Fresh colour, more sophisticated design treatments and expanded graphics such as fairisles, jacquards, stripes and plaids really bring the collection to life.”
Key innovation highlights include:
- Introduced in Fall/Winter 2015, the MerinoLOFT™ outerwear series, which has fast become one of Icebreaker’s most successful product ranges to date, adds two new styles to the collection – the Helix performance jacket with a stylish new ‘Fraser Peaks’ print as well as a new lifestyle jacket (Nomad for women and Departure for Men). MerinoLOFT™ delivers comfort in the coldest conditions through the use of lightweight merino insulation, a DWR-treated polyester exterior for wind and water protection and a 100% merino lining.
- Bold prints and stripes along with pops of colour expand the ever-popular baselayer range along with the addition of a 260gm weight BodyfitZONE™ style for technical warmth in the coldest conditions. Strategically placed mesh zones enhance warmth, wicking and breathability where your body needs it most allowing for maximum comfort while helping to manage your body’s microclimate when active, with luxurious next-to-skin softness.
- New men’s lightweight, technical mid layer ‘Descender’ styles featuring a new 240gm weight striped merino fleece fabric that features channels to trap more air and provide more warmth allowing for greater breathability and insulation.
- Socks and accessories make a huge statement this season as Icebreaker continues to support more outdoor activities with anatomical insight, technical innovations and design cues.
- Other collection stand-outs include new Tech Lite Tee graphics, the Men’s Departure Jacket, new women’s RealFLEECE® Dia styles, the Zoya and Nomi pieces for in-studio use and day-to-day style and comfort, new alpine-inspired dresses and skirts which layer best over our leggings, and countless first layer and midlayer tops.
- All styles were carefully designed to support active layering and comfort layering. The prints and textures are extremely versatile, and easy to mix and match to create ongoing outfit combinations. Fabrics range by style and are only blended to enhance garment performance where needed. We offer garments in 100% merino for optimal warmth and softness, some with a small percentage of nylon to enhance durability, and some styles include a touch of Lycra® for stretch and recovery.
Icebreaker merino clothing for the outdoors, technical sports and lifestyle includes underwear, mid layer garments, outerwear, socks and accessories for men, women and children. Icebreaker is based in Auckland, New Zealand, and is sold in more than 5000 stores in 50 countries; at Icebreaker retail stores in New Zealand, Australia, Canada and the United States and online at icebreaker.com Please visit media.icebreaker.comfor more information about Icebreaker.
Icebreaker merino clothing for the outdoors, technical sports and lifestyle includes underwear, mid layer garments, outerwear, socks and accessories for men, women and children. Icebreaker is based in Auckland, New Zealand, and is sold in more than 4000 stores in 44 countries. Please visit icebreaker.com for more information about Icebreaker, and jeremymoon.me for more information on Icebreaker founder Jeremy Moon. Follow Icebreaker on Facebook, Twitter,Instagram, Pinterest.