Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Salt Lake City, UT (Mar 21 2017) — Power Practical, a team of designers and makers of power products for active lifestyles and everyday living, is proud to announce the launch of the Jül: an intelligently designed tumbler that keeps hot beverages at the perfect temperature from the first sip to the last drop.
Announced this week on the popular crowdfunding platform Kickstarter, the team at Power Practical is excited to unveil their latest patent pending innovation, The Jül: A smart self-heating tumbler that keeps your beverage at the ideal temperature through to the last sip. The Jül is powered wirelessly via a USB-connected coaster and actively monitors a beverage to let you know when it’s too cool, too hot, or just right with a subtle indicator light. Temperature adjustments are made with a simple twist of the mug’s base and the Jül’s custom lid design may be switched between three functions: spill-proof seal, drink mode, and a cooling vent to let off steam and refill.
Inspired to create practical solutions to everyday problems, the Jül hits home for the small and often-caffeinated team at Power Practical. Drinks in ordinary mugs and paper cups cool down too quickly, while modern insulated travel mugs can keep a beverage uncomfortably hot for too long. The Jül, on the other hand, delivers steady control in your ideal temperature zone for as long as you need it.
The Jül comes with a stainless steel interior, an elegant minimalist exterior design, and a concave lid for easy sipping without nose-to-lid contact. Thoughtfully designed from top to bottom, the Jül is the ultimate everyday beverage companion so you are never unpleasantly surprised by a scalding or lukewarm drink again.
The Jül can be found on Kickstarter: http://kck.st/2nOqhlX
- Kickstarter Early-bird price $45
- Kickstarter Standard price $49
- Retailer price $69.99
For media inquiries, contact Hamish Grigor email@example.com
About Power Practical
Power Practical is a Salt Lake City based group of engineers, entrepreneurs and outdoor enthusiasts who emphasize diversity in energy resources by developing innovative, effective and affordable energy products to keep you connected anywhere, anytime. Learn more at PowerPractical.com
With its sleek aesthetics and unique self-heating capability, Jül was engineered to outperform traditional mugs and insulated beverage carriers. Specifically designed for desk use alongside your computer and for car beverage holders, Jül is a go-anywhere product for anyone tired of battling the range of scalding to lukewarm temperatures.
- Recessed twist lid
- Spill-resistant rubber seal
- Stainless steel inner vessel
- Soft touch molded body
- Integrated heating coil
- Adjustable temperature dial ranges from 120°F to 150°F
- Concave lid design for comfort with three settings for venting, drinking and transportation
- Does not use batteries, making it lighter on weight and price
- Dimensions: 6.8” x 3.1”
- Available in black or white
- Coaster unobtrusively integrates into your space (4.0” x 0.6”)
- Car coaster (available separately) designed to fit vehicle beverage holders
- Wireless power contacts powered by Micro USB
- LED glows in different colors to notify user of liquid temperature
- If drink is hotter than selected temperature, coaster glows amber
- If drink is colder than selected temperature, coaster glows blue
- When the drink at the correct temperature, coaster glows white
- Temperature is automatically regulated when tumbler rests on coaster
- Retail Pricing: $50
- Kickstarter pricing: $45