Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
San Leandro, Calif. â€“ JanSport, the original outdoor gear brand that equips people globally with quality backpacks, travel gear and collegiate apparel, today announced its 37th annual Rainier Mountaineering (RMI) Seminar, June 13-17 in Ashford, Washington. This five-day summit climb, led by world-renowned mountain guide Peter Whittaker and four guiding experts, will feature an eclectic mix of participants, including JanSport employees and field sales representatives, seven JanSport outdoor industry retail partners from across the US and Canada, and for the first time, a student climber from UC Santa Barbara.
The 2008 JanSport RMI Seminar will introduce many new climbers to the world of alpine mountaineering, hiking nearly 4.5 miles and 3,000 vertical feet, from Paradise (5,400 feet) to Camp Muir (10,060 feet), and then continuing on to Mt. Rainier’s famed 14,410 foot Columbia Crest, creating memories and forging friendships that will last a lifetime.
The 2008 climbers include:
1. Jen Connet, winner of the 2007 8,000 meter challenge in Southern California
2. Todd Larsen, JanSport field sales organization
3. Tom Hinkle, The Sports Authority
4. Chris Prewitt, Summit Hut
5. Jeff Bernard, Bag King
6. Jonathan Long, Rocky Mountain Trail
7. Robert Long, Rocky Mountain Trail
8. Shandra Allison, Bass Pro
9. Jeff Ladra, JanSport Research, Design & Development team
10. Scott Parr, JanSport Director of Sales
11. Breanna Duplisea, Student at UC Santa Barbara
12. Curtis Hanlon, JanSport Marketing
13. Dave Dobbels, JanSport field sales organization
14. Johanne McIntyre, The Forzani Group
15. John Drollinger, JanSport field sales organization
We’re excited to announce this year’s RMI climbers,â€ said Scott Parr, national director of sales for JanSport. â€œThe climb is an amazing opportunity to connect JanSport with its heritage and create a tight-knit community of outdoor enthusiasts.â€
To learn more about JanSport’s partnership with RMI please visit www.jansport.com.
Founded in 1967, JanSport is the original outdoor gear brand that equips people globally with quality backpacks, travel gear and collegiate apparel. Headquartered in San Leandro, California, JanSport stands for fun and discovery. The company’s products are sold in retail stores throughout the world. For more information, visit www.jansport.com.