SEATTLE, Wash. (Sept. 3, 2013) – K2 Skis unveils a revamped website to support its new 2014 product line. In addition to the completely overhauled site, K2 proudly announces K2 Wants You – a newly developed page featuring the iconic all-American Uncle Sam and specifically dedicated to K2 contests, giveaways, events, demos and more.
“Our website underwent an entire new facelift to serve as the best, easy-to-use resource for all skiers to learn about our 2014 gear,” said Global Marketing Manager, Mike Gutt. “ In addition to the new product website, we are pumped to add more K2 flavor with the introduction of ‘K2 Wants You.’ It’s the go-to place to find out everything K2 has going on across the globe and how you can get involved.”
Interacting with K2’s Uncle Sam is the best way to stay in the know about everything K2. The site offers users four different tabs to click through: Contests & Giveaways, Events & Demos, Partners & Promos and Register & Review.
A detailed calendar found in the Events & Demos section encourages skiers to spend time together on and off the slopes meeting new people and checking out this season’s new gear. Various events not to be missed this coming season include:
- Sept. 6 – World Premiere of Poor Boyz Productions’ “Tracing Skylines” in Seattle, Wash.
- Sept. 12 – World Premiere of Stept’s “Mutiny” at iF3 in Montreal, Que.
- Oct. 5 – World Premiere of Matchstick Productions’ “McConkey” in Squaw Valley, Calif.
- Oct. 5 – Women’s Workshop: Join K2 Alliance’s Pip Hunt for an evening of healthy and active lifestyle education in Birmingham, Mich.
- Dec. 14 – International Women’s Ski Day: Get out and ski with your ladies, wherever you may be!
- Feb. 7 – Women’s Weekend: The K2 Southwest Alliance raises money and celebrates women and skiing at Pajarito Mountain, N.M.
- Feb. 27 – Pink Chase Tahoe: An unforgettable day of ski instruction and fundraising for the Breast Cancer Research Fund in Lake Tahoe, Nev.
Whether scoping photos of heli-ski action at the new CMH/K2 Rotor Lodge in interior British Columbia or thirsting for a pair of cold-activated K2 Coors Light skis, clicking on the Partners & Promos tab allows visitors to get the goods about ongoing promotions within K2’s network of partners.
Skiers looking to assist in the shaping of K2’s future products can review newly purchased gear like the award winning Pinnacle 130 boot and the Rictor 90XTi ski by visiting the Register & Review section of ‘K2 Wants You.’
About K2 Skis
From frontside groomers to big mountain faces, park and urban features to super pipes, and backcountry tours to sidecountry powder stashes, K2 Skis’ innovative technology combined with an all-mountain philosophy offers ski products for everyone, no matter the conditions. As the ski industry leader embarks on its sixth decade, K2 reflects upon the fundamental technologies they have evolved through the years that remain in the products they manufacture today. From applying fiberglass into skis in the beginning years, to adding sidecut to performance skis in the ‘90s, and to perfecting the art of the rocker variations of today, K2’s all-mountain philosophy continues to make skiing more fun and enjoyable to a broad and complete range of skiers. For more information on K2’s latest ski products, dealers and team activities, visit K2skis.com.