Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
The Lafuma brand is experiencing a 37% increase in sales with strong growth in all product categories. The Lafuma footwear business will have a 200% increase compared to the original budget planned for 2008. Lafuma USA began the distribution of the Millet brand division two seasons ago. Following reorganization and re-direction of the brand in the US, the brand is experiencing a 22% growth at the end of July, 2008. With 2 months remaining in its fiscal year, the company expects to reach $6.4M at the end of September. Both brands are seeing extremely positive feedback on the Spring 2009 collections and are expecting similar or higher growth rates in 2009.
The Lafuma group’s five main divisions are: Lafuma, Millet, Le Chameau and Oxbow and recently acquired, Eider.
– Lafuma manufactures general outdoor equipment including clothing, shoes, backpacks and sleeping bags
– Millet specializes in mountaineering apparel and equipment.
– Le Chameau provides country gear and clothing for activities like riding, hunting, fishing, and gardening.
– Oxbow designs and produces surfwear
– Eider focuses on Ski apparel.