Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
MOUNTAIN KHAKIS® TAKES IT OFF-PAVEMENT
OVERLAND EXPEDITION SWEEPSTAKES
(Jackson Hole, WY, March 25, 2014)Mountain Khakis®, a leading mountain-inspired lifestyle apparel brand known for its “Best Damn Khakis,” is taking it off-pavement with partners Overland Journal® and Tonto Trails® in the Overland Expedition Sweepstakes. Enter now to win this unique experience and prize package valued in excess of $18,000!
One grand-prize winner plus guest will win a 6-day/5-night alpine overland adventure package, featuring an incredible outdoor gear package, and a 4-day/3-night self-driving overland expedition in a Tonto Trails® customized 4-door Jeep Wrangler Unlimited on the epic 65-mile Colorado Alpine Loop, through Colorado’s most scenic high-country connecting Telluride, Silverton, Lake City & Ouray.
“This isn’t your average sweepstakes,” said Jen Taylor Muhr, director of creative development for Mountain Khakis. “Along with the prize package sponsors, we’ve customized a truly unique, once in a lifetime outdoor experience for the grand prize winner and their guest.”
“Overland Journal is extremely excited about this sweepstakes as we have been brainstorming for several years with Mountain Khakis on how to share a unique overland experience,” said Brian McVickers, chief business development officer for Overland Journal. “Tonto Trails provided the perfect solution, the Colorado Alpine Loop. This is a chance for someone to experience remote, self sufficient overland travel first hand.”
The $18,319 prize package includes:
- Mountain Khakis® – (2) $1000 MK gift cards
- Overland Journal® – (1) $500 Visa Gift Card, (2) One-year subscriptions to Overland Journal, swag pack
- Tonto Trails® – (1) 4-day/3-night self-driving overland expedition experience on the Colorado Alpine Loop, including expedition-ready Jeep JK Wrangler vehicle, pre-programmed GPS, trip briefing, cooking/sleeping gear + (2) nights hotel accommodation. Trip date options: *July or August, 2014
- Thomas and Thomas® – (2) NSII 905-4 fast action trout fly rods
- 1816® – (2) Leather Duffels, (2) Travel Kits
- BFGoodrich® – $1000 in tires for winner’s personal vehicle
- Bushnell® – (1) Excursion HD Binoculars, (1) Legend Ultra HD Compact Binocular, (2) BackTrack D-TOUR GPS, (2) Rubicon Flashlights, (2) Rubicon Compact Lanterns
- Hatch® – (2) Hatch Finatic 4 Plus Fly Reels, (2) Icon Trucker hats
- Suunto® – (2) Ambit 2 S Graphite GPS Watches
- Costa Optics® – (2) Caballito Sunglasses, (2) Costa Optics® swag pack
- Big Agnes® – (2) Bellyache Mountain SL 17 Traditional Mummy Sleeping Bags, (2) Air Core Sleeping Pads 20×72
- American Expedition Vehicles® – (2) AEV BigBoy Folding Saw, (2) AEV Ono Camp Hatchets, (2) Aluminum Water Bottles, (2) AEV Logo Hat & Apparel Kits
- Osprey® – (2) Porter 65 Deluxe Duffels, (2) Escapist 20 Technical Daypacks
- Safari LTD® – (2) Nokero Shavano Solar Lights, (2) TJM Recovery Gloves, (2) Portable Solar Speakers, (2) Ironman EZ Tyre Deflators
- Arc’teryx® – (2) Atom LT Hoodies
- Goal Zero® – (1) Lighthouse 250 Kit, (1) Guide 10 Solar Kit
- Dublin Dog® – (2) Nomad Travel Pads, (2) Nomad Travel Bowls, (2) Rigel LED Lights, (2) Trout Collars
- KEEN® – (2) Footwear of Choice
- Remington® – (2) Charlie Palmer Cookbooks, (2) Heritage 870 Knives
*The grand prize winner will be announced on or around April 20th, 2014. Trip date options are July 10-20 and August 10-20, 2014. Winner and guest are responsible for: airfare arrangements & costs to/from destination, food, preparing own meals, and leading self-drive overland expedition.
Enter the Overland Expediton Sweepstakes now by using the QR code on MK product hangtags or by visiting http://www.mountainkhakis.com/sweepstakes. The sweepstakes ends April 20, 2014.
About Mountain Khakis®
Rugged. Authentic. Reliable. Timeless. What started as a casual conversation at the Shady Lady Saloon in Jackson Hole, WY has become a top-performing mountain-inspired lifestyle apparel brand. Established in 2003, Mountain Khakis quickly became a staple in the wardrobe of everyone from ranch hands to golf pros, those who travel by jet, as well as those who travel by thumb. The Mountain Khakis brand story continues to resonate as it connects to the enthusiast who believes that freedom and rugged adventure is a way of life. www.mountainkhakis.com
Mountain Khakis® • Built for the Mountain Life® • Life Untucked®
For More Information Contact:
Jen Taylor Muhr, Director of Creative Development & Public Relations, Mountain Khakis®