MSR® (Mountain Safety Research®) Introduces Four-Person Elixir™ Tent for Weekend Campers
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Family-size tent is the most livable backpacking and car camping tent in its class
SEATTLE, WA (July 21, 2015) — MSR® (Mountain Safety Research®), the manufacturer of high-performance outdoor equipment since 1969, today announced the addition of an affordable, four-person tent to its best-selling Elixir performance backpacking collection. It is the ideal option for backpackers and car campers alike seeking easy-to-assemble tents at a great value.
The Elixir™ 4 tent is meticulously detail-oriented: at 135 cubic feet, the highly-durable, easy-to-assemble tent features ample room for four side-by-side mattresses as well as a unified pole geometry that optimizes headroom, color-coded stakeout loops, and clip-webbing for fast and easy setup. Large doors and vestibules provide excellent views, easy access, and lots of storage options. For campers with lots of gear, the optional all-new Elixir™ Gear Shed tacks on 23 cubic feet of additional storage and livability.
The original Elixir™ 2 and Elixir™ 3 round out the Elixir™ collection. All tents feature mesh canopy windows and kickstand rainfly vents. The included footprint helps keep your tent clean, dry and protected while the tent’s solid fabric panels and strategically placed vents provide the perfect ratio of ventilation, warmth, and privacy.
Elixir™ 4 Features:
- Spacious backpacking tent for four plus gear
- MSRP: $399.95
- Easy access with two large StayDry™ doors and two vestibules
- Maximum floor space comfortably fits four mattresses side by side
- Capacity: 4
- Min. Weight: 3.59 kg (7 lbs. 14 oz.)
- Fast & Light Weight (No Footprint): 2.63 kg (9 lbs. 3 oz.)
- Floor + Vestibule: 5.02 + 1.67 sq. m (54 +18 cu. ft.)
- Interior Peak Height: 1.21 m (48 in.)
- Poles: Two 7000 series aluminum
- Rainfly: 68D polyester polyurethane coated 1,500 mm
- Canopy: 20D nylon micromesh/40D nylon rip stop
- Floor: 70D nylon, Durashield coated, 3,000mm