Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Denver, Colo. (Jul. 14, 2016) — Showcasing its collections of performance eyewear that are designed for lives too amazing to be seen through an ordinary lens, Native Eyewear will exhibit at Outdoor Retailer 2016 in Salt Lake City, UT, Aug. 3-6, at the Salt Palace Convention Center.
To kick off the show, Native will host two free happy hours featuring local Salt Lake City band, Hectic Hobo. The Native happy hour will take place at booth #17040 on Aug. 4 & 5 from 4:30—6:30 p.m. Donations to Leave No Trace Center for Outdoor Ethics will be accepted in exchange for a custom pint glass and three chances to win a pair of Native shades at the end of each happy hour. Leave No Trace, a Colorado-based non-profit organization, is dedicated to teaching people of all ages how to enjoy the outdoors responsibly, keeping natural lands healthy and vibrant for everyone to enjoy.
“Many impacts from recreation are cumulative over time. Couple this with the sheer number of people spending time in the outdoors, and the need for Leave No Trace is clear,” said Dana Watts, Leave No Trace Executive Director. “Corporate partnerships with companies like Native Eyewear enable Leave No Trace to reach thousands more outdoors enthusiasts with this critical education.”
A Sneak Peek Into 2017
New for 2017, Native will be introducing five new sunglass styles with the latest in advanced frame and lens technology. Select models include:
- Sightcaster: Features full-face wrap coverage in a Large to X-Large size, providing extra sun protection throughout the day. Available in four colorways ($109 and $129 with mirror reflex lens).
- Braiden: Offers a lifestyle option with a high frame brow and subtle color details. Available in five colorways ($129 and $149 with mirror reflex lens).
2016 Sunglasses Collection
Introducing a new Trilaminate Injection Technology for frame production as well as castor-based, biodegradable frame materials, Native sunglasses offer a superior strength-to-weight ratio, creating some of the lightest, strongest, and most earth-friendly eyewear on the market. Not only are they more resilient and durable than petroleum-based resins, but they will also biodegrade in traditional landfill conditions in three to five years, compared to the 10,000 years of most standard plastics.
Native sunglasses were designed to perform in any environment with help from their advanced polarized lens (99.9% efficiency) which not only aid against glare but also protect against the sun’s harmful effects by blocking up to 4X more infrared light than other polarized lenses on the market. In addition to eliminating damaging rays, filtering blue light, and reducing glare, Native’s lens options also deliver high contrast, crisp definition, and peak visual acuity. Other features include:
- Revolutionary anti-ocular intrusion system that prevents lenses from dangerously shooting toward your eyes in the event of an impact.
- Exhaust vents that enhance airflow and significantly reduce fog.
- Cushioned and adjustable nose pads that ensure a soft feel and custom fit.
- Flexible hinges that allow the temple to quickly and securely lock into position.
Six styles are available, each enhancing the pursuit of adventure:
- Eldo: Upon popular demand, the Eldo features a larger frame and wider set temple for men.
- Sanitas: A trend-right model that evolved from the Flatirons and the Highline, the Sanitas features edgy colors and a stylish look with an active lifestyle in mind.
- Hardtop Ultra XP: Offering extra protection, this model builds on the Hardtop DNA and has an extended lens for additional eye coverage.
- Penrose: An active lifestyle model offering a smaller fit and assortment of frame color and lens options.
- Crestone: Comes with a SportFlex additional lens kit, providing a solution for every light condition.
- Kannah: A sporty model that offers a smaller/medium fit and variety of color options.
Ascending Soon: Goggles For the Backcountry
Launching for resort weekend warriors and backcountry enthusiasts this fall, Native’s brand new goggle collection features a high-efficiency anti-fog coating which provides condensation diffusion by up to eight minutes, compared to the industry standard of 30 seconds. Combine this technology with the color-enhancing filtration and hydro and oleophobic coatings in the SnowTuned lens and you have the recipe for a goggle that won’t let you down.
All six models are made with the same sustainable, castor-based resin material as the sunglass line, which withstand a greater heat index without warping and help better protect our outdoor playground.
A Complete Package
Native stands behind its green initiatives by not only partnering with Leave No Trace and utilizing bio-based frame resin, but also looking to reduce their carbon footprint in other areas. Native utilizes recycled cardboard for packaging, recycled plastic water bottles, shopping bags in their cases, and soy-based inks. Additionally, all 2016-17 goggles will come packaged in The Fort case, a highly functional and fully reusable storage solution that can be used for toting smaller necessities and outdoor gear.
About Native Eyewear: To live in the spirit of Native is to live the life you want to live – not the one you have to live. It’s pursuing your adventures with the best gear, the right companions, and a free spirit, tempered only by an enduring respect for the world that is your playground. Learn more about Native Eyewear at nativeyewear.com.