Osprey, industry leader in the specialty pack market, announced today their plan to become the most progressive, transparent and sustainable hardgoods brand in the world.
Today’s news is a significant leap in the brand’s sustainability plan. From raw materials and chemistry benchmarks to progressive factory code of conduct agreements and programs that extend a product’s end of life, Osprey is taking a truly holistic approach and looking at every aspect of their business and those businesses connected to them to ensure they leave as little trace possible.
”Sustainability is achieved when a brand takes a broader look at the entire process of building high quality innovative products,” said Mark Galbraith, Senior Product Line Director, Osprey. “Sustainability has always been a core value of the Osprey brand as demonstrated by our commitment to build the highest performing and longest lasting carry solutions on the market which are backed by our All Mighty Guarantee.”
OSPREY’S THREE PILLARS OF SUSTAINABILITY
· Osprey practices responsible chemical management through strict and audited compliance
· Osprey uses only the lowest impact, safest, highest performing chemicals
· Osprey has adopted the bluesign® RSL
· Osprey is working towards PFC-Free DWR: All new Spring 2020 styles are PVC free. All carryover products are moving from C8 to short-chain C6.
· Osprey is moving as many fabrics as possible to bluesign® approved and submitting materials to third-party labs for analysis and spot checking
· In Spring 2020 and beyond, Osprey will use recycled materials that are 3rd party verified by the GRS “Global Recycled Standard” certification
· Osprey is reducing and minimizing packaging while using sustainable materials
· Osprey recently updated their Factory Code of Conduct following the leading standards set by the Ethical Trading Initiative guidelines and is auditing factories for compliance with the Worldwide Ethic Alliance.
· Osprey is developing programs and partnerships with companies like Renewal Workshop that extend products’ end of life and keep products out of landfill
Visit Osprey at Outdoor Retailer next week (booth 37043-UL) to see the brand’s latest collection including the new Archeon featuring GRS-Certified recycled and bluesign® approved nylon materials and PFC Free DWR as well as the new Arcane featuring GRS-Certified recycled and bluesign® approved polyester materials and PFC free DWR.
Independent since 1974 and still anchored by the design genius of company founder, Mike Pfotenhauer, Osprey Packs is a leader in technical packs for outdoor, cycling, travel and urban adventures. Osprey’s dedication to create innovative, high performance gear reflects the brand’s love of adventure and devotion to the outdoors.
All Osprey products are backed by the brand’s All Mighty Guarantee. Osprey will repair any damage or defect for any reason free of charge – whether it was purchased in 1974 or yesterday. If Osprey is unable to perform a functional repair on a pack, they will happily replace it.
Osprey Packs can be found online at osprey.com and in outdoor specialty retailers in over 60 countries worldwide. To learn more about Osprey and its products, visit osprey.com. Follow all brand updates on Instagram (@ospreypacks), Facebook (@ospreypacks) and Twitter (@ospreypacks).