Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Cortez, CO – December 9, 2015 – Osprey Packs, is pleased to introduce a full range of backcountry ski/snowboard packs for Fall/Winter 2016, including Kresta, the brand’s first ever women’s specific backcountry design. Developed in the San Juan Mountains of Colorado with feedback from professional guides, ski patrollers and dedicated weekend warriors, the women’s Kresta and men’s Kamber packs are obsessively designed to match the passion and needs of both off-piste professionals and recreationalists.
“The introduction of the all new Kresta brings tailored fit and function to women in the backcountry,” said Cassie Tweed, Director of Design for Osprey Packs. “With the Kresta, a natural companion to the men’s Kamber, our backcountry collection is now both impeccably crafted and holistically complete.”
KAMBER (Men’s)/KRESTA (Women’s)
• New Gender Specific Fit
• Avalanche Safety Kit Pocket – A quick-access extended J-zipper with an extra-large opening provides access to avalanche safety gear secure inside the pack. An easy to find third zipper pull allows rapid access if helmet, skis or snowboard are being carried on the pack. The large pockets accommodate large shovel blades, and the dual center sleeves secure extra-long probes and shovel handles.
• Dry Pocket Access – The main dry compartment keeps gear that needs to stay dry and warm separate from wet avy gear and skins. The dry compartment is also designed to be accessible with skis or board attached to the pack.
• Helmet Carry – Dual-position, deployable helmet net quickly and securely stows snow helmets for a cool and comfortable climb. The helmet carry can be deployed to the front panel or top of the pack as to not block the preferred ski-or snowboard-carry option.
• Lightwire Frame/ HDPE Suspension
• Thermoformed Contoured Backpanel to reduce ice/snow buildup
• Contoured EVA Harness with:
o GPS/radio webbing attachment points
o Zippered insulated hydration hose sleeve
o Adjustable sternum strap with whistle
• Fixed EVA Hipbelt with ErgoPull™ closure, padded hipwings and zippered hipbelt pockets
• Glove friendly buckles and zipper pulls
• Reinforced wear points to protect pack from metal edge abrasion
• Lower side compression
• Insulated shoulder harness hydration tube sleeve
• Diagonal ski carry
• Vertical front panel and horizontal backpanel snowboard carry
• Tuckaway ice tool attachment
• Scratch-free goggle pocket
• Wet/dry gear division
KAMBER 42 | KRESTA 40
Designed for: Ski/Snowboard Mountaineering, Hut Trips, Ski Patrol
Ski pack equipped with additional mountaineering features for all your backcountry essentials and then some.
KAMBER 32 | KRESTA 30
Designed for: Backcountry Riding
Mid-sized ski pack to carry backcountry essentials
KAMBER 22 | KRESTA 20
Designed for: Backcountry Riding, Lift Accessed
Small ski pack for quick, low danger, minimal backcountry trips, sidecountry excursions or inbounds runs.
In addition to the Kamber and Kresta Series, Osprey offers the Kamber ABS® Compatible Series that integrates with the ABS® Vario system to bring deluxe backcountry features and function to a reliable airbag avalanche system along with the Kamber Race designed for ski randonee racing.
Visit Osprey Packs at Outdoor Retailer Booth #4011 to see Kamber, Kresta and the entire FW2016 collection.
Independent since 1974 and still anchored by the design genius of company founder and owner, Mike Pfotenhauer, Osprey Packs is a leader in technical packs for outdoor, cycling, travel and urban adventures. Osprey’s dedication to create innovative, high performance gear reflects the brand’s love of adventure and devotion to the outdoors. Osprey Packs can be found online at www.ospreypacks.com and in outdoor specialty retailers in over 60 countries worldwide. To learn more about Osprey and its products, visit www.ospreypacks.com. Follow all brand updates on Instagram (@ospreypacks), Facebook (@ospreypacks) and Twitter (@ospreypacks).