Osprey Expands Hydraulics™ Series with Skarab and Skimmer Hiking Packs for Spring 2016
Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Cortez, CO – July 30, 2015 – Osprey Packs, a leader in creating top-quality, high-performance, innovative packs to comfortably and efficiently carry gear, is pleased to introduce the Skarab and Skimmer series for Spring/Summer 2016. These gender specific, hiking hydration packs are equipped with key features in a straightforward design suitable for a range of users from beginner to more seasoned adventurers.
“Comfortable, durable, feature-rich and at a great price point, Skarab/Skimmer will be the first of many Osprey hydration packs for those looking to discover new trails and experiences,” said Erik Hamerschlag, Product Line Manager, Osprey Packs. “Three different volume sizes provide carry options for anything from a quick day hike with only water and the bare essentials to longer hikes with water and the ability to carry everything you need.”
Skarab (Men’s) | Skimmer (Women’s)
• Suspension: Foam framesheet with center stiffener allows dynamic body movement while it spreads load across the entire backpanel.
• Backpanel: Mesh covered die cut foam provides comfort and ventilation.
• Biostretch™ Harness: Mesh covered die cut foam provides an active and contouring fit and ventilation while rolled spacer mesh over the shoulders delivers a comfortable fit.
• Spacer Mesh Hipbelt: Spacer mesh hipbelt for lightweight but breathable, comfortable carry. Note: Skarab 18 and Skimmer 16 utilize a removable 20mm webbing hipbelt
• Heat embossed scratch free zippered stash pocket
• Wide panel access to main compartment
• Ice axe and trekking pole attachment system*. The new trekking pole attachment is a simple design to easily attach trekking poles to the front of the pack. Loops at the bottom of the pack hold the poles while a convenient buckling system holds the poles in place.
• Magnetic sternum strap bite valve attachment
• External reservoir sleeve
• Upper side compression straps
• Side Stretch mesh pockets
• Hydraulics™ LT 2.5L reservoir included
*Not included on Skarab 18 and Skimmer 16
SKARAB 32 | SKIMMER 30 – MSRP: $120
SKARAB 24 | SKIMMER 22 – MSRP: $100
SKARAB 18 | SKIMMER 16 – MSRP: $80
Independent since 1974 and still anchored by the design genius of company founder and owner, Mike Pfotenhauer, Osprey Packs is a leader in technical packs for outdoor, cycling, travel and urban adventures. Osprey’s dedication to create innovative, high performance gear reflects the brand’s love of adventure and devotion to the outdoors.
Osprey Packs can be found online at www.ospreypacks.com and in outdoor specialty retailers in over 60 countries worldwide. To learn more about Osprey and its products, visit www.ospreypacks.com. Follow all brand updates on Instagram (@ospreypacks), Facebook (@ospreypacks) and Twitter (@ospreypacks).