Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Outdoor Industry Association
Outdoor Industry Association® Announces 2012-2013 Board of Directors
Burton and Backcountry.com Representatives Join Leadership Team
Boulder, Colo., August 1, 2012 — Outdoor Industry Association® (OIA) announced today the newly elected 2012-2013 board of directors. The board also selected its officers, with Will Manzer, CEO of Eastern Mountain Sports, continuing as chair and Sue Rechner, President and CEO of Confluence Watersports selected to serve as 2nd vice chair.
“I am pleased to continue my term as board chair and to be working with this dedicated group of industry executives,” said Manzer. “I look forward to helping plot OIA’s strategic course so we can best serve the needs of our members and amplify the industry message among our nation’s leaders.”
Chosen by the membership, the OIA board consists of 18 voting members and 10 appointed non-voting members, who may serve up to two consecutive three-year terms.
Newly elected voting members include:
- John Lacy, EVP Global Product and North American Sales, Burton Corporation
- Jill Layfield, President and CEO, Backcountry.com
Newly appointed non-voting members include:
- Darrell Denny, SVP, Nielsen Expositions
The following current board members were re-elected as voting members:
- Darren Bush, President, Rutabaga Paddlesports
- Ed McAlister, President, River Sports Outfitters
- Sue Rechner, President and CEO, Confluence Watersports
- Casey Sheahan, President and CEO, Patagonia
The following current board members were re-appointed as non-voting members:
- David Kulow, President and CEO, All Terrain
- Kim Walker, Founder and President, outdoor DIVAS
Jennifer Mull, CEO of Backcountry Equipment was appointed to continue on the board as a voting member, assuming the seat vacated by Estelle DeMussey, president of Title Nine.
Continuing their board terms are:
- Sutton Bacon, President & CEO, Nantahala Outdoors
- Tom Barney, CEO, Osprey
- Todd Bradley, Co-Founder, C4 Waterman
- Peter Bragdon, Senior Vice President of Legal and Corporate Affairs, Columbia Sportswear Company
- Carolyn Brodsky, President, Sterling Rope Co., Inc.
- Mark Bryden, President, lucy Activewear
- Travis Campbell, President & CEO, Far Bank Enterprises
- Fred Clark, CEO, Thule
- Bob Holding, Co-Founder, Waypoint Outdoor
- David Labistour, CEO, Mountain Equipment Co-op
- Will Manzer, CEO, Eastern Mountain Sports
- Gordon Seabury, CEO, Horny Toad
- Mark Taylor, VP Finance, Amer Sports America
- Brian Unmacht, EVP, REI
- Any Vecchione, President & CEO, Polartec LLC
- Zohar Ziv, COO, Deckers
- Jim Zwiers, President, Wolverine Outdoor Group, Wolverine Worldwide Inc.
The following board members are continuing their terms as officers:
- Will Manzer, CEO, Eastern Mountain Sports, Chair
- Brian Unmacht, EVP, REI, 1st Vice Chair
- Zohar Ziv, COO, Deckers, Treasurer
- Jennifer Mull, CEO, Backwoods Equipment, Secretary
In addition, Sue Rechner, President and CEO of Confluence Watersports, was elected as 2nd Vice Chair.
OIA is grateful for the service of the following departing board members:
- Estelle DeMuesy, President, Title Nine Sports
- David Loechner, Senior Vice President, Nielsen Business Media
- Steve Shuster, W. L. Gore, Gore Enterprise Communications
- Bill Sweasy, Chairman & CEO, Red Wing Shoe Company
- Dan Templin, CFO, VF Outdoor Inc. (Past Chair)
The OIA Board of Directors responsibilities are to develop policies, procedures and regulations for the operation of OIA; to monitor OIA’s financial health, programs and overall performance; to develop, maintain and approve a long-term strategic plan that prepares the industry and association for the future; and to provide the OIA president with the resources to meet the needs of OIA members.
About Outdoor Industry Association
Based in Boulder, Colo., with offices in Washington, D.C., Outdoor Industry Association (OIA) is the leading trade association for the outdoor industry and the title sponsor of Outdoor Retailer. OIA supports the growth and success of more than 4,000 manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, sales representatives, and retailers of outdoor recreation apparel, footwear, equipment and services. For more information, go to outdoorindustry.org or call 303.444.3353.