Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Louisville, Colo. (April 26, 2015)- Pearl Izumi, maker of performance ride footwear and apparel, announces its Spring 2016 Pursuit and Escape collection, now available at Pearl Izumi retailers and online at the fully-redesigned, PearlIzumi.com.
Inspired by designs for world-class cyclists, Pursuit apparel is defined by its cutting edge construction, advanced aerodynamics and contour fit. It is engineered for those who want to push the limits and squeeze everything out of every second.
Built to be different, Pearl Izumi Escape performance pieces focus on versatile designs and high quality materials. It is crafted for those who roam instead of race, and explore instead of chase.
“Before sketching a single design, choosing a fabric or sewing a single stitch, we started with the single most important thing: Why you ride,” said Pearl Izumi RIDE manager, Andrew Hammond. “Are you riding to accomplish specific goals, or do you ride to connect with people and places? We’ve created apparel to meet both rider’s needs.”
Pearl Izumi’s new website offers an enhanced shopping experience that intuitively walks users through the Pursuit and Escape experience and directs them to the best apparel options that originate from the foundation of “Why you ride”.
Here are some highlights from the men’s and women’s Pursuit and Escape collections for Spring 2016:
- Elite Pursuit LTD Jersey: This pro style jersey’s full-length zipper, aero-enhancing cut, and striking graphics make it a great choice for riders seeking race level performance. MSRP $120.00 USD
- Elite Pursuit Bib Short: This new Men’s ELITE Pursuit Bib Short’s silhouette provides the fit and feel required for more aggressive riding when support and chafe-free performance is critical. MSRP $140.00 USD
- Women’s P.R.O. Pursuit Jersey: Minimal raw edge construction and drag-reducing Patented Speed Sleeves with textured aero fabric complete a speed-inspired package to provide Women with a P.R.O. level performance jersey. MSRP $150.00 USD
- Women’s P.R.O. Pursuit Short: The Women’s P.R.O. Pursuit Short, with minimal raw edge construction cooling P.R.O. Transfer In-R-Cool® fabric and top level comfort of the new Women’s P.R.O. Seamless 1:1™ Chamois, will propel you to peak performance in technologically advanced style. MSRP $160.00 USD
- Elite Escape Jersey: Advanced cooling fabrics help maintain body temperature, allowing the ELITE Escape Jersey to deliver top-level moisture-transfer performance that will keep you comfortable even on an all-day epic during the heat of summer. MSRP $85.00 USD
- Women’s SELECT Escape Sleeveless Jersey: Add a dash of vogue to your cycling adventures with the Women’s SELECT Escape Sleeveless Jersey. This warm weather style’s semi-form fit drapes comfortably over body contours, and the heathered SELECT Transfer Dry fabric wicks away moisture with a modern aesthetic twist. MSRP: $65.00 USD
- Women’s SELECT Escape Texture Short: A unique twist on classic cycling shorts with fashion-forward versatility, made with textured fabric, these bottoms can be worn traditional length or with the hem folded up to create a flirty 4.5″ inseam and a fun pop of color. MSRP $70.00 USD
To see the full collections, visit: http://pearlizumi.com/PursuitAndEscape.
About Pearl Izumi
For over 60 years, Pearl Izumi has been evolving and revolutionizing the design and manufacture of performance apparel and footwear for athletes who depend on uncompromising gear. Pearl Izumi products empower runners, riders and triathletes to be faster, more comfortable and to perform better 365 days of the year. In 2014, Pearl Izumi rooted its new world headquarters in the Colorado Front Range where it embraces strong influence, both culturally and structurally, from its Japanese heritage.