Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Louisville, Colo. (March 28, 2016)- Pearl Izumi, maker of performance cycling apparel and footwear, releases its new Spring 2017 line with fresh styles in road cycling, mountain biking and triathlete apparel.
With a continued focus on apparel that fits riders’ mindsets as well as they fit the body, Pearl Izumi offers designs in two categories for the road cycling collection: Pursuit and Escape. Engineered to chase your goals, the Pursuit line is inspired by designs for world-class cyclists with a focus on technical construction, advanced aerodynamics and a contour fit. The Escape line is a versatile mix of performance pieces built for the adventure seeker who roams instead of races.
“We’re excited to introduce a completely new Escape shorts line,” says Pearl Izumi Global Brand Manager Andrew Hammond. “We’ve developed a new chamois platform, pioneered new tests to measure compression on the body and put these shorts through rigorous ride evaluation. They’re the most comfortable shorts we’ve ever made.”
Highlights from the men’s and women’s Pursuit, Escape and MTB collections for Spring 2017 include:
- P.R.O. Pursuit Bib Short (available in men’s and women’s) – Originally designed to meet the demands of the Pro Tour teams, this premium bib short blends optimal muscle support with exceptional ergonomic comfort. MSRP $195, $180 for women’s.
- P.R.O. Pursuit Speed Jersey – Another piece originally designed for the Pro Tour teams, this jersey takes engineered performance cycling apparel to a new level of sleek, aerodynamic speed while P.R.O. Transfer In-R-Cool® fabric powered by coldblack® provides optimal cooling and reflective sun protection. MSRP $150.
- W’s Select Pursuit ¾ Tight – For confident coverage in warm conditions, choose the superior comfort and support of the Women’s SELECT Pursuit Tight, which incorporates SELECT Transfer Dry fabric that sets the benchmark for compression and moisture transfer. MSRP $100.
- P.R.O. Escape Bib Short (available in men’s and women’s) – Luxurious minimally seamed fabric and an all-new premium Escape chamois come together in this highly engineered bib short, crafted for all day in-the-saddle adventure. MSRP $170.
- W’s Select Escape Tank – Crafted with figure-flattering herringbone fabric and lifestyle-inspired design, this tank looks equally great on and off the bike. MSRP $60.
- Select Tour Jersey – Take on any road, path or trail in this relaxed fit jersey suited for road or baggy short styles, as well as coffee shop stops. MSRP $60.
- Launch Short (available in men’s and women’s) – Durable and mid-weight, this water-resistant short is loaded with features and built to take a beating. The Launch Short is equipped with a detachable liner with a 3D Tour Chamois®. MSRP $135.
- Divide Top – With a casual look and subtle tech features like moisture management transfer fabric, this jersey is at home on the trail as it is at your favorite post ride establishment. MSRP $55.
- W’s Launch Jersey – For the serious shredder assembling her go-to kit, this jersey focuses on ventilation and comfort with a flattering, athletic fit and transfer fabric providing optimal moisture management. MSRP $60.
The new Spring 2017 line is available at Pearl Izumi retailers and online at www.pearlizumi.com.
Subscribe to receive the Pearl Izumi newsletter on the PearlIzumi.com homepage for news and product releases in real time, direct to your inbox.
About Pearl Izumi
For over 60 years, Pearl Izumi has been evolving and revolutionizing the design and manufacture of performance apparel and footwear for athletes who depend on uncompromising gear. Pearl Izumi products empower cyclists and triathletes to be faster, more comfortable and to perform better 365 days of the year. In 2014, Pearl Izumi rooted its new world headquarters in the Colorado Front Range where it embraces strong influence, both culturally and structurally, from its Japanese heritage.